Top Social

Candy Cane Nail Stamping

Tuesday, December 30, 2014



Yeah yeah yeah, I know. It's New Year's Eve and here I am showing you one more holiday mani. Well, in Puerto Rico, the holidays aren't over until January 6 so candy canes are still appropriate. I don't know about you guys but I love peppermint flavored/scented things so I would rock candy cane nails any day of the year. I'd show you guys a New Year's Eve mani but I haven't decided what to do yet. I'd like something blingy but feel it's not worth the trouble since I'm not going anywhere special. Enough rambling, read on for more about my candy canes!

Remember my french tip candy cane nails from a couple of weeks ago? I really loved those, and apparently so did a bunch of you as well based on my stats. They were lovely, but the nails on my right hand are too short to actually wear a french tip and I needed to do something wearable on both hands. So I actually removed those as soon as I took the pictures and did these instead.

candy-cane-stamping-bundle-monster-423

I started off with a base of Sinful Colors Snow Me White. This is my favorite stamping white, but not my favorite base color. My usual white base/watermarbling white is Sally Hansen White On but it's getting really thick and gloopy despite numerous attempts to thin it. I feel that Snow Me White is a little too thick for my tastes yet I still need to do two coats to get even coverage. Yet I don't want to thin it because then it won't stamp well. #firstworldproblems #nailbloggerproblems.

I used Sephora by OPI Sample Sale as my stamping red. I only have a mini bottle and it's my favorite red. I've had it for several years, it was a Christmas gift from my twin sister and came in a set with 19 other SOPI minis. If anyone knows of a good dupe for this I'd appreciate it. My stamping plate was Bundle Monster 423. I used my Messy Mansion Medium Firm stamper because the med-soft would distort the lines. And even then you can see that I messed it near the tips.

essie-pure-pearlfection-candy-canes

Lastly, I topped it all off with Essie Pure Pearlfection, to give it a sparkly, pearlescent look that reminded me of candy canes. I love this topper, and I've had it for several years as well. It's what I wore on my nubby nails when my sister got married and I was her Matron of Honor. There's a story behind that, I had a bunch of polish with me but I ended up getting super sick so one quick coat of Pure Pearlfection was all I could do.

I'll be back on New Year's Eve with my Blogging Resolutions Post and goals, as well as a Breaking the Biting Habit update (although I'm sure you can tell from the latest posts that it's going well).

With this I end the holiday manis of 2014. Are any of you tired of them yet? I could seriously do some more. Have any ideas for my NYE nails? How do you celebrate? Happy New Year!

Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest!

10 comments on "Candy Cane Nail Stamping"
  1. I *hate* -- no LOATHE peppermint flavored anything, except for peppermint ice cream. Go figure. LOL! Anyway, I love this stamping, it looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I've never heard of peppermint ice cream before.

      Delete
  2. This is super cute! I can't stamp with a firm stamper to save my life. My nails are really bendy, so catching the corners at the tips is almost impossible for me. Squishy FTW! I do my nails whether or not I'm going anywhere, event or no - just to cheer myself up! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of peppermint anything but these nails are sooo cute! You did an amazing job with the stamping!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These turned out super cute! I love peppermint tea, and peppermint cuticle oil... and I have this AMAZING Peppermint whipped soap from Bumblesoaps, so safe to say... I LOVE peppermint too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy canes are a year-round event in my house :D Love this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for candy canes! I buy in bulk after Christmas to eat all winter long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Snow Me White. It's my go to stamping white because it is on the thicker side, hence why I never use it as regular polish. OPI Alpine Snow is where I head if I need white polish for the whole nail.

    The candy cane stripes are sweet! ;-) I love that your holidays last through the 6th. Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lines turned out really well! Mine always get all wonky. I never get them to look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature