Top Social

M Polish Spring 2015

Sunday, February 8, 2015
m-polish-partial-spring-2015

Hi guys! I'm super excited for today's post, I'm going to be showing you 3 of the 6 polishes in M Polish's Spring 2015 collection. If you haven't heard the buzz yet, M Polish is a brand new indie line of 5 Free stamping polishes made in the US. Let me repeat that, 5 Free stamping polish! I have tons of swatches and a complete review for you after the break!


Megan, the creator and brains behind M Polish has been mixing and testing her polishes for months now. I was so excited when she announced she was ready for a February release and even more excited when she asked me to swatch some for her. The Spring 2015 consists of 6 colors, I will be showing you Starflower (blue-purple), Apricot Delight (peach-gold), and Sweetclover (yellow-green). All of these colors are slightly translucent and look best when worn over a dark base. These are specifically made for stamping and nail art and not really meant to be worn on their own. They are all 5 Free, that means no harsh chemicals and no smell. The formula for all of them is soft and buttery. I need to note that these have a slight learning curve and I wouldn't recommend them for a beginner stamper. They dry fast so you have to work quickly and lightly. I did several tests before I started swatching and I discovered that they work best with a soft-squishy stamper like the Messy Mansion soft and med-soft marshmallow stamper heads (pink and yellow sets), or a firmer stamper like the Messy Mansion medium-firm stamper head (blue set). They did not work so well on my squishy firm cheap stamper from China, mostly because it's white and hard to see the colors. Now, on to the individual colors. I warn you that there are a lot of pictures, so grab some coffee or your favorite drink and a snack.

Starflower

The following swatches are all over Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out without topcoat. Image from MoYou London Explorer 03, stamped with Messy Mansion medium-firm stamper (blue set).

starflower-m-polish-swatch

m-polish-starflower-swatch

starflower-m-polish-macro

Starflower looks light blue with a slight purple duochrome shift to it in the bottle. Over black it transforms into a gorgeous and vibrant blue. You can see the slight purple shift in person but it was hard to capture on camera, it's very subtle. This color almost seems to glow. Out of the three I swatched this one hard the trickiest formula for me. I am not an expert stamper, I consider myself to be intermediate, as in, I know how to do it well but it still takes me on average a few tries to get a perfect stamp and I can't seem to get an image that isn't missing a few spots. At first, I could not get Starflower to pick up. This is what worked for me, I had to put on a good amount of polish over the image and spread it well, scrape lightly at a 45 degree angle and quickly but lightly press down with my stamper. I had best results with the medium firm and med-soft stamper from Messy Mansion.

Because these colors tend to change depending on what base they are layered over, I'm going to show you each color over a colored base as well. These swatches are Starflower over China Glaze Well Trained with topcoat. Image is from MoYou London Pro 01, stamped with MM medium-soft stamper (yellow set).

starflower-m-polish-china-glaze-well-trained-swatch

starflower-m-polish-blue-swatch

starflower-m-polish-blue-base-macro

Once I got the hang of it, this ended up being my favorite color. It might be tricky but it is so worth it!

Apricot Delight

The following swatches are all over Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out without topcoat. Image from MoYou London Explorer 03, stamped with MM medium stamper (green set).


apricot-delight-m-polish-swatch


m-polish-apricot-delight-swatch

apricot-delight-m-polish-macro

Apricot Delight is a peachy-golden color. Over a black base it looks like the perfect gold. Out of the three I swatched, this one had the best formula and was the easiest to use. It's also the only one that was clearly visible on my white stamper and transferred well no matter which stamper I used.

Now I'm going to show you Apricot Delight layered over Orly Mind's Eye with topcoat. Image from MoYou Suki 04, stamped with MM med-soft stamper (yellow set).

apricot-delight-m-polish-orly-minds-eye-swatch

apricot-delight-orly-wine-red-moyou-stamping

apricot-delight-wine-macro

I love how Apricot Delight looks more yellow peachy-gold over a wine base color. Megan has already announced that the upcoming summer collection's formula is going to be very similar to Apricot Delight, thicker and easier to use. I've seen a preview of the collection and I can't wait because it is amazing.

Sweetclover

The following swatches are all over Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out without topcoat. Image from MoYou London Explorer 03, stamped with MM medium stamper (green set).

sweetclover-m-polish-swatch

m-polish-sweetclover-swatch

sweetclover-m-polish-macro

Sweetclover is yellow-green on the bottle and looks like a bright, almost neon green layered over black and other dark colors. This color also has that glowing quality that Starflower has but with a much easier to use formula. I had no issues with this one either. It is the most translucent of the three I swatched and you can barely see it over a white stamper head. So I highly recommend using a colored head like the ones from Messy Mansion. The most interesting thing about Sweetclover is that it completely transforms depending on the base color. It was by pure accident that I discovered that it stayed yellow over a red base when I tested it out on my nails the day I got my package (I had been wearing Orly Siren, a bright red-orange creme). I'm really curious to find out over which colors it stays yellow, and over which ones it changes to green.

Here are the swatches of Sweetclover over Essie Lollipop with topcoat. Images are from MoYou Suki 04, stamped with MM medium-soft stamper (yellow set).

sweetclover-m-polish-essie-lollipop-swatch

sweetclover-m-polish-essie-red-moyou-stamping.jpg

And I don't have a macro because I forgot to take one! Oops. Anyway, you can see how Sweetclover becomes a gorgeous bright yellow over red.

Like I said above, I'm an intermediate stamper and can't seem to get a good pick up without missing a few spots, if you want to see what these polishes look like on the hands on expert stampers, then you need to go check out The Polished Perspective, Dancer's Polished Life, and Jen In The Morning. The Polished Perspective also has swatches of the complete collection over colored bases. To see swatches and amazing stamping for all the colors, check out M Polish on Instagram (@mpolishes), and Facebook!

Megan sent me these polishes for review but you can get the whole collection when it launches on Tuesday, February 17 at 9am Est at www.mpolishes.com. The full size 11ml bottles will retail for $6.50 each or $36 for the 6 bottle set. Mini size 5ml bottles will retail for $3.25 each or $18 for the 6 color set.

If you can't wait until the launch then I have a surprise! I will be giving out one full size of bottle of Apricot Delight to one of my US readers. All you have to do is head on over to my Instagram, give me and M Polish a follow, and repost this pic with the hashtag #mhpapricotdelightgiveaway. Contest ends on Monday February 16 at 11:59pm. You have to be 18+ and have an US mailing address. Since this is a stamping polish, you have to know how to stamp (I'll be verifying entries on IG). No giveaway accounts!


So, now that you read all that, are you excited? Thanks for those of you who made it all the way to the end!

Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest

43 comments on "M Polish Spring 2015"
  1. Great job, as always! Now please excuse me while I go order Moyou Explorer 03. #bhbenablers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marinda! Explorer 03 is a great plate. The images are kinda large for my small nails, it's XL size but not listed as an XL plate.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deleted because you posted the same thing twice!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the amazing and thorough review!! Your swatch pics are amazing, especially those macros!! I had to put my eyes back in my head :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Mega! Thank you for sending them to me. <3

      Delete
  4. I like those a lot! How do they do on lighter colours? Are they also as visible as this?

    Nyx
    ( http://nyxsbeautyblog.blogspot.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nyx, these are meant to be worn over dark colors. Starflower (blue) is the lightest of them all and can barely be seen over a white base. You can wear the others over light colors but they won't be as bright as they are over dark colors. Megan really wanted to create something that popped over dark.

      Delete
  5. Wow!! These are so awesome! I guess I'm an intermediate stamper too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like these colors. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible review. I am so excited for her launch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I need to get the colors I'm missing from the collection.

      Delete
  8. Welp, I know what I'll be splurging on next week! These are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this brand jet but these seem great:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are brand new, haven't launch yet.

      Delete
  10. I love your review and the different color combos you used! Beautiful! Also, thank you so much for the shoutout, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great polishes. They look so vibrant. You have done full justice by producing such beautiful manis.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely stamping!! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing..they stamp so good, i hope more people notice her brand.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look amazing and you totally have me wanting some of these polishes for stamping, they are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! They are great polishes.

      Delete
  15. Aww man, I *just* ordered Mundo de Unas! Now I'm on a no-buy :( We'll see what March brings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw... well if these sell out she does plan to keep restocking them as long as there is demand.

      Delete
  16. Love the stamping. I need that plate! Ive not heard of this brand but ill have to check them out since I have 0 stamping polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is brand new! Launch is one Feb 17.

      Delete
  17. These look beautiful--thick and perfect for stamping. And I love each and every one of those manicures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! That means a lot coming from you, I consider you to be an expert stamper.

      Delete
  18. looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice detailed review. They stamp so well over dark base.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had never heard of M Polish before this and now I can't wait till payday! These stamp so well and it's always hard finding good stamping polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great review. I'll have to pick some of these up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dang thats some pretty stamping! I love these polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are super pretty! How are they if you just use them on their own?!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These look great!!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature