Top Social

Polishin' Around the Christmas Tree

Friday, December 19, 2014


I love the name of this polish so much I just had to use it for the post title! Today I have swatches and a review of Polishin' Around the Christmas Tree by Quint Paint Lacquer, a brand new indie. This is a sparkly topper with multicolored metallic circle glitters, Christmas tree glitters, and gold shimmer flakies in a clear base. I chose this slightly blurry pic because it shows the sparkles so well. It made my nails perfectly match my Christmas tree. There's more swatches and a close-up shot after the break!

polishin-around-christmas-tree-swatch

Laura, the creator of Quaint Paints sent me two polishes to review and today I have one of the new Christmas glitters. I'll be showing you the other polish next week. This is Polishin' Around the Christmas tree. Like I mentioned above, Polishin' is a clear glitter topper full of metallic circles and green Christmas trees with gold shimmer flakies. I'm wearing 1 coat over 2 coats of Essie Dive Bar and topcoat. This is so sparkly it kinda made my camera crazy, it had a hard time focusing since there where so many spots reflecting light back. I used my light box and LED lamp for these swatches since it was the best way to control the lights and get the camera to cooperate.

quaint-paints-nail-lacquer-polishin-around-christmas-tree

Let's talk about the formula. This is about average thickness for clear, glitter heavy toppers, they tend to be on the thick side. However, it wasn't so thick that I needed to add thinner. The result is that the heavy Christmas trees fall to the bottom and the gold shimmer settled on the top. Leaving the bottle upside down for a bit and then giving it a good roll between my hands before applying it mixed it all back again really well. I never had to fish for the circles and always got a decent mix of colors and sizes. You do have to fish for the Christmas trees but that's ok since they are a little big (especially if you have short nails like me) and I preferred fishing one out and placing it exactly where I wanted it. As you can see in the pictures, the glitters stay lat against the nails with just one coat of top coat (for these swatches I used Out the Door).

A little note I want to add. When I started to swatch I originally used Sally Hansen White On and there seemed to be some strange reaction between the two polishes because the glitter would not dry and even after topcoat it was still tacky and easily smudged. I swatched it on paper with other bases and it dried normally except on the whites I tried. I don't know why but I'm mentioning it just in case. Over the base I used for the swatches and with one coat of Out the Door, it took about 15 minutes to be dry to the touch but 30 minutes to be dried enough for me to resume normal activities like diaper changes and cleaning. I would say that this isn't a fast dry polish, just regular polish so if you're always on the go then make sure you top coat with a fast dry top coat like Out the Door, Seche Vite or Essie Good to Go. 

christmas-glitter-quaint-paints-nail-lacquer-close-up

The things I liked the most about this glitter were the gold shimmer flakies, which you can see better in this shot, and the fact that this polish is scented! The scent is called Christmas Memories and it has top notes of oranges and cranberries, followed by cinnamon and clove, with base notes of evergreens and pinecones. It really smells wonderful and Christmasy. I'm very sensitive to scents but I went ahead and asked for the scented version so I could test it and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it's not overwhelming, it's very subtle and nice. I had no adverse reactions to it. I wore the polish for about 2 days and the scent lasted the entire time. 

Polishin' Around the Christmas Tree is available now at Quaint Paints Lacquer shop on Etsy for $10.

Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest!

Holiday Nails Blog Hop!

4 comments on "Polishin' Around the Christmas Tree"
  1. Such a fun glitter topper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love circle glitters! Very pretty color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That combo is so prettyy that gold shimmery flakes are also so wonderfull. really waiting to buy this so that i can also smell that scent.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature