Top Social

Purple Aqua and White Water Marble

Monday, February 2, 2015
butterfly-aqua-clouds-daydream-secret-garden-water-marble-bettina-cosmetics
Water marbling and I are not friends. I got very frustrated trying to do a water marble for an upcoming post and I decided I needed better polishes. So I broke my no buy and got some polishes from local to me brand Bettina Cosmetics because I had read once on PAA that they marbled really well. Read on after the break to see more!

Bettina is a Puerto Rican cosmetics brand that has been around for decades but they've really put out some nice nail polish collections in the past few years. The great thing is that these are easy to find and they are affordable (around $2.50, they vary by location). As you can see from the picture above, they allowed a mediocre water marbler to create a stunning design! I'm really thrilled with how well they work. They spread instantly and stay vibrant.


Bettina offers a lot of different finshes, from cremes to mattes, shimmers, and jellies (no holos or glitters so far). The cremes work the best for marbling, the shimmers are gorgeous and they do spread in the water but they are very light and tend to get muddy looking.

bettina-cosmetics-butterfly-macro

Here's a closer look at my base color, a purple shimmer called Butterfly, this is 3 coats with topcoat (I used Bettina High Gloss). I really wanted to use Butterfly in the marble but it took a lot of trial and error to get it to work. I found that I had to have a combo of creme and shimmer, with most of the drops being cremes. I think this might be a general issue when marbling with shimmers since I've read and heard on tons of YouTube tutorials that they can be tricky and that it's best to stick to cremes when starting to marble. Hopefully with practice I'll be able to get it to work.

purple-aqua-white-water-marble-macro-bettina-cosmetics

Here's a closer look at my water marble. I fairy dusted it because I'm still having issues with water bubbles when I remove my fingers from the water and one coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust fixes it. I don't know why but it's just magic over water marbles. In hindsight, I should have done this using the decal method and avoided the bubbles. The colors I used for the marble are Clouds (off white), Aqua (blue), Secret Garden (dark purple), Butterfly, and Daydream (lilac/lavender).


As a fun little experiment I tired several colors and posted them to IG. As you can see, the cremes work well. The shimmers on the right side of the pic sorta work.

What do you guys think? Should I continue to practice my water marbles?

Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest

37 comments on "Purple Aqua and White Water Marble"
  1. I have yet to be able to successfully water marble. It is tough! Your combination of colors is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! It's my blog colors. Probably my favorite color combo.

      Delete
  2. Your marbles turned out great, Nadia! And I'm with you... #fairydustthatshit! :-p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When in doubt, fairy dust all the things!

      Delete
  3. So beautiful, i wish i could get my hands on some bettinas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you need a polish mule, lol.

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful Nadia! The colours look heavenly on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That's one of the prettiest water marbles I've ever seen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Michelle! That means a lot.

      Delete
  6. This is so pretty, the polishes worked really well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always get jealous when I see bettinas! I wish we had them in my city. The water marble looks great, especially with the glitter on top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Savannah! Maybe I need to become a Bettina mule.

      Delete
  8. I think this turned out wonderful! And you know me, I always approve of fairy dusting that shit :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Fairy Dust with this, a little bit of magic without taking away the great job you did on the marble.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this!! I need to find some Bettinas!! I have a love/hate relationship with watermarbling.. I love how it looks but it hates me! :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this!! I need to find some Bettinas!! I have a love/hate relationship with watermarbling.. I love how it looks but it hates me! :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look beautiful!! I love fairy dusting watermarbles too haha (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful water marble... i never get the water marble right :/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those marble so well! I love this marble. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice job! I like the glitter overtop the water marble!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Colors are lovely and Fairy dust is adding its magic. This trial of WM has come out pretty good, so i would encourage you to keep practicing more. Its just getting better..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful watermarbling! I love the colors combo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you did an awesome job! Never heard of this polish, but I really love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your water marble is absolutely beautiful! Well done! I love the colours you chose :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. They look like they water marble nicely in your cups there. You did a good job. I love the addition of the fairy dust. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hate you for being able to watermarble well. I always try and I always fail. I love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  22. If ya ever need help or have questions with watermarbles, feel free to message me :) I spent about a week practicing, and I've finally figured it out :D I looove your color choices for this mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so jealous of all the Bettina polishes you own. They are perfection for watermarble. I have like a half dozen ones I managed to snag on eBay. Love how your marble turned out! And of course fairy dust ftw!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are beautiful Nadia! Great color choices. Keep practicing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I remember seeing lots of good reviews for Bettina on Let Them Have Polish but have never bought any. Glad they worked for you, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This looks great! I find that the best way to avoid bubbles is to remove your finger(s) suuuuppperrr slooooooooowly. Lol. This turned out very well, though!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice marble! And it 's always good with Fairy Dust on top!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nadia, this is so gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. I absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature