Top Social

HPB Presents: Christmas Tree Nails

Sunday, December 21, 2014
noodles-nail-polish-underneath-mistletoe

Hi guys! Today I'm participating in the Hobby Polish Bloggers December link up. HPB is a Facebook group founded by Steph from www.imperfectlypainted.com for the casual nail polish blogger. It's a great place for newbies like me to learn from more experience bloggers and get to know each other better.

This month's theme is Holiday or Winter. I chose to do some Christmas tree nails with Noodles Nail Polish Underneath the Mistletoe. Read on after the break for more pics and a macro shot of this gorgeous green polish.

christmas-tree-nail-art-noodles-nail-polish-mistletoe

Originally I planned on stamping over the green, with a design from MoYou London Festive 01 plate, so my nails would look like a decorated Christmas tree but I hated the way it looked. It covered most of the green and I thought it looked best with just a simple gold accent nail. I used a small brush from a generic nail art brush set and dotting tools to create the tree on my ring finger. I might re-try my original stamping idea later.

underneath-mistletoe-noodles-nail-polish-macro

As any of my regular readers might know by now, I love Noodles Nail Polish. This is my favorite green polish ever, it's an evergreen crelly with green and gold flakies and holographic gold shimmer that's fully opaque in two coats. The formula was a little thicker than I prefer so I added a couple of drops of thinner (I use Orly Nail Lacquer thinner for my indies). After that it was perfection. It dried to a slightly satin, textured finish so I highly recommend a good top coat to smooth it out and make it super shiny.

I purchased Underneath the Mistletoe from Noodles Nail Polish. You can follow them on Facebook and Instagram for swatches and the latest info.

Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest!


8 comments on "HPB Presents: Christmas Tree Nails"
  1. Nice mani. I love the Christmas tree accent nail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous green! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I don't have a lot of green polishes cause I don't like the way they look on my skin but I really love this one.

      Delete
  3. Great job on the tree and that green is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great manicure!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature