Top Social

Shinespark Polish- Glitter and Holos Review

Monday, March 2, 2015
Shinespark Polish - 80s Fun glitter topper and holo polishes review

Hi guys! Today I have the second half of my Shinespark Polish swatches and review. I already showed you the amazing neon jellies from the 90s Kids Collection on Wednesday, you can see it here. Today I'm going to show you a really fun glitter topper, 2 holo polishes, and one holo topcoat. I have several shots for the holos so you can see what they look like in artificial lights vs sunlight, plus macros of each. Let's get started!

80's Fun Glitter Topper


shinespark-nail-polish-80s-fun-swatch


80s-fun-glitter-shinespark-polish-swatch


80s-fun-glitter-shinespark-polish-macro

80's Fun is a clear base glitter bomb.It's got small pink squares, medium sized yellow and purple circles, two sizes of blue stars, and small blue microglitter. It is packed with glitter. The formula is really easy to use, not too thick but not to thin, all the glitters are evenly suspended in the bottle and you get a good combination of them with every brushstroke. All the glitters lay flat against the nail and it's easily smoothed out with just one coat of topcoat. It dries shiny on it's own but you will be able to feel the texture from all the glitters. That's why I like to topcoat my glitter toppers, otherwise I pick at the glitter. Swatches are with 1 coat of Sally Hansen Black Out and 1 coat of 80's Fun.

I always note that I dab my glitters on, it's how I apply all my glitters, no matter if it's a topper, a crelly, or a jelly glitter mix. I swirl the brush in the bottle and slowly pull it out, wipe of excess on one side, then apply the polish by laying the brush flat against my nail and dabbing. Repeat if I missed any corners, then use the brush tip to arrange any of the larger glitters where I want. I find that this technique gives me the most even coverage.

Silence Surprise


shinespark-polish-silence-surprise-sunlight-swatch
Sunlight
silence-surprise-purple-holo-shinespark-polish-swatch
Sunlight
silence-surprise-shinespark-polish-sunlight-macro
Sunlight Macro
shinespark-polish-silence-surprise-swatch
LED Light
silence-surprise-shinespark-polish-macro
LED Macro


Silence Surpise is a gorgeous blue leaning purple. The formula is just as good and easy to use as all the other Shinespark Polishes I've reviewed so far. It spreads like butter, really smooth and a joy to apply. It dries relatively quickly, 15 minutes or so, to a super shiny finish. I used 2 coats with no topcoat for my swatches. Indoors, it looks like a pretty purple with silver shimmer, then you take it outside and BAM! The linear holo really comes to light. It isn't the strongest of linear holo finishes, but it is linear and not scattered, just more subtle. Overall, it's a beautiful color and it is much stronger in person.

Magento 

shinespark-polish-magento-sunlight-swatch
Sunlight
magento-shinespark-polish-sunlight-swatch
Sunlight
magento-shinespark-polish-sunlight-macro
Sunlight Macro
shinespark-polish-magento-swatch
LED Light
magento-shinespark-polish-swatch
LED Light
shinespark-polish-magento-macro
LED Light Macro
Magento is a super bright, neon pink linear holographic polish. It was really hard for me to capture the holo on camera because of the intensity of the color. It was either really holo and sparkly, but causing lens flare, glare, and not color accurate; or color accurate but not as sparkly as it really is. This color is really bright, and really sparkly. I've never seen a neon holographic before quite like this one. In the sunlight pics you can see the linear holo rainbow in the bottle, that's how it looks on the nail as well.

Formula is exactly the same as Silence Surprise, smooth like butter, and super shiny. 2 coats with no topcoat for the swatches.

Moondust Holo topcoat


shinespark-polish-moondust-holo-sunlight-swatch
Sunlight
moondust-holo-shinespark-polish-sunlight-linear-holographic-topcoat
Sunlight
moondust-holo-topcoat-sunlight-macro
Sunlight Macro
shinespark-polish-moondust-holo-topcoat-swatch
LED Light
moondust-holo-topcoat-linear-holographic-swatch
LED Light
Moondust Holo is a linear holographic topcoat. You apply it over your base color and it turns any color into a linear holographic. I've fallen in love with the idea of neon holographics so I swatched Moondust Holo over Rainbow Chaser. I used 1 coat of Moondust Holo over 3 coats of Rainbow Chaser. Under the LED lights, you can see that it just adds silver shimmer to the base color, but that it also dries to a shiny finish. Since it is a topcoat, you don't have to add anything else on top unless you're really pressed for time and need a quick dry topcoat.

I've been really impressed with all of the colors that I got from Shinespark Nail Polish to review. They are all 5 Free and have wonderful formulas. I can't wait to see what else is in store for this brand new indie.

Currently, the minis for the 90's Kid Collection have sold out but she is working on restocking as soon as she can. You can still get full size sets and individual polishes over at www.shinesparkpolish.com. 80s Fun is available in 15ml full size only at $8, Magento, Silence Surprise, and Moondust Holo are all available in a 5ml mini for $3.75 or the 15ml full size for $8. You can follow Shinespark Nail Polish on Instagram to see all the swatches and keep up to date with all the latest info, go show this brand new indie some love and support!

Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest!

31 comments on "Shinespark Polish- Glitter and Holos Review"
  1. I love holo toppers and neons! These are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the holo top coat, I love to be able to make any color a holo. Magento is beautiful! What a great color for Summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great summer color, and the holo topcoat is great too.

      Delete
  3. I love holo toppers and neons! These are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful review, Nadia! I can't wait to get my hands on these polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purple is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I NEED MAGENTO IN MY LIFE!!! Holy moly that is a gorgeous polish!! Lovely swatches, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, yes you do need it.

      Delete
  7. Rainbow Chaser with the holo topcoat is just juicy! I also really like Magento.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really gorgeous! I think Magento and Silence Surprise are my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bright holos! can't pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Silence Surprise and Magneto! ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your swatches. Silence surprise is my fav

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3/03/2015

    Magento is AMAZING!!!!! I love all of them but that one stands out the most to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm an 80s kid! This is an awesome collection!! Love the neon pink one best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous swatches. I love all the bright and fun shades.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That holo topcoat over the orange is everything!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just loved 80's fun glitter topper. Very nice review and beautiful swatches

    ReplyDelete
  18. Silence Surprise is very pretty! This whole collection is so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so fun! Silence Surprise might be my fave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nadia, your nails are in amazing shape! Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want to call you mean names because these are so pretty. But I wont.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want Moondust. With a deep, all-encompassing lust.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature