Top Social

Monday Mani- Nude Half Moon Nails

Monday, June 30, 2014
nude half moon mani with Apollo Star and Sugar Rays from Color Club

It's Monday Mani time! Half moon, nude nails with Color Club Sugar Rays and Apollo Star from the Harlem Nights Collection.. It's another combo, nude nails for the PAA Mani Monday Challenge and Half Moons or variations for the BHB Nails Club challenge. You can check out all the looks for both of these challenges by searching #paamanimondays and #bhbnails #threadlynails in Instagram.


nude half moon mani with Apollo Star and Sugar Rays from Color Club

My half moon variations were inspired by Karen @pish.posh.polish on Instagram. You can see her mani here. The colors I used where Color Club Apollo Star and Sugar Rays. These colors are hard to describe. Apollo Star is supposed to be a silver glitter but it looks more golden. I would say it's silver glitter in a golden base. Sugar Rays is described as a tan shimmer, it's slightly douchrome and shifts between a pale gold-pink. It looks like a nude shimmer on my nails and I think it complements my skin tone well.

Here it is in the sunlight.

nude half moon mani in sunlight with Apollo Star and Sugar Rays from Color Club

By the way, these where one medium thick coat! You can see some visible nail line in my pinkie since that was the thinnest coat I applied.

nude half moon mani with Apollo Star and Sugar Rays from Color Club

To create this look I used a thin nail art brush to make the Apollo Starts half moons first, then I filled it in. Lastly, I used the same brush to paint a Sugar Rays outline right next to the Apollo Star outline and used the regular bottle brush to fill in the rest. Happy Monday!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature