Top Social

Blue Jelly Butterfly Nails

Monday, June 23, 2014
Blue butterfly nail art jelly sandwich

Hello readers! Today is Monday so that means a new Polishaholics Anonymous Monday Challenge. The theme is Jelly and Jelly Sandwiches. This week's BHB Nails thread challenge is butterfly nails, so I combined the two! It's Jelly Sandwich Butterfly Nails! (The BHB nail thread is part of Babycenter's BHB community board).

In case you don't know, a jelly sandwich is when you layer a translucent polish or "jelly" over a glitter polish. You start with a base coat, which can be your jelly or a creme of the same color, then you add a glitter, then your jelly. You can layer glitter and jelly as often as you want. I have about 5 layers in these pics, plus base and top coat.

Blue butterfly nail art jelly sandwich blue year's eve
China Glaze -  Blue Year's Eve



This is my jelly, China Glaze Blue Year's Eve. I did 2 coats of this over my Orly Nail Defense base coat.

Blue butterfly nail art jelly sandwich
Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale

And this is my glitter. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Mermaid's Tale. This is also a blue jelly on it's own. I did two thin coats. Then I added one more thin coat of Blue Year's Eve to complete the sandwich and top coat.

Blue butterfly nail art jelly sandwich

And then I used Kiss black and white nail art polishes (they come with a thin brush) to paint the butterfly wings and dots.

Blue butterfly nail art jelly sandwich-indoors
Indoors

Blue Year's Eve had a slight duochrome effect that's visible in the bottle, but hard to capture on camera. The shimmer shifts between blue and purple. I hope you can see it in this pic below.

Blue butterfly nail art jelly sandwich close up

Pretty, right? What do you guys think?
1 comment on "Blue Jelly Butterfly Nails "
  1. Anonymous6/23/2014

    I love that glitter, especially as a sandwich with the jelly.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature