Top Social

CrowsToes - Maia Swatch & Review

Saturday, June 14, 2014
CrowsToes Nail Color Swatch in Maia a colorshifting douchrome polish
CrowsToes - Maia

Hello lovely readers! This awesome color is Maia from the Pleiades Collection by CrowsToes Nail Color <- That there is a link to their Facebook Page. You can also check out their Blog here but I recommend FB for the latest. This was my first ever indie purchase and I'm very excited about it. I can honestly say I am in love.


First of all, let's talk about the color. It's a color-shifting douchrome, that means it changes from a sorta golden amber to a dark lavender. It's so hard to describe, I've seen many bloggers call it coppery/golden/red/purple. It's just a great color, not 100% original as there are lots of douchromes that are similar but I love the extra glitter this has, gives it more depth.

CrowsToes Nail Color Swatch in Maia a colorshifting douchrome polish
CrowsToes Maia (side note, see the cut on my pinky cuticle starting to heal?)

Now let's talk about the formula. I'm going to be honest, I had issues. First coat was very thin and streaky, 2nd coat was gloopy and stringy. I started over and gave the bottle a good shake and all was well. You can also add some thinner if it's too gloopy. Once the formula issue was resolved, it was opaque in 2 coats but I'm a 3 coat type of girl so that's what you see in the pics.


CrowsToes Nail Color Swatch in Maia a colorshifting douchrome polish
CrowsToes Maia Right Hand

The wear was great on this. I wore it for 3 days with minor chipping on my left hand of all things, and just minor tip wear on my right. And since I'm right handed, that made no sense to me. Honestly...this pic above is with my right hand and it looks better than the left.

Here are some more pics:

CrowsToes Nail Color Swatch in Maia a colorshifting douchrome polish
Right Hand Close-Up


CrowsToes Nail Color Swatch in Maia, a colorshifting douchrome polish
Right Hand Close Up

CrowsToes Nail Color Swatch in Maia a colorshifting douchrome polish
Macro - You can see both colors in this shot.

I bought this polish from Llarowe.com but there where only a few left since it was from last year's collection. The new CrowsToes is the 9 Realms and I have two of those ordered and waiting for them to be shipped soon. Oh and before I forget, CrowsToes is 5 free! You can see their ingredients listed in the "About" tab of their FB page. Have a lovely weekend!
1 comment on "CrowsToes - Maia Swatch & Review"
  1. lovely duochrome! lately i've been getting more chips on my left hand too... it's really strange

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature