Top Social

Sally Hansen - Lively Lilac & Twinkled Pink

Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nain Polish in Lively-Lilac
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lively Lilac

Today I have swatches of Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri in Lively Lilac and Triple Shine in Twinkled Pink. Wow, two posts in one week, that's an achievement for this momma. I wore the Lovely Lilac 1st for a day or two and then topped it with the Twinkled Pink. I don't love how the Twinkled Pink pictures came out enough to make a separate post for them, mostly since I had some nail biting relapses. But...alas that is the point of this blog and I'm committed to showing you the pretty and the ugly side of recovering from a decades long nasty habit.


Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nain Polish in Lively-Lilac
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lively Lilac

I love this color! I 1st saw it over at Daily Something and even though it's a cheap drugstore polish I added it to my wishlist and had been on the look out for months. Finally found it a few weeks ago. This is a true one coater folks! But I'm picky about coverage so I did two in my index and middle fingers. My ring and pinky are one coat and you can see in the pic above it looks a little lighter but still good. I also love the shimmer, it's very slight but looks lovely in the sun.

Sally Hansen Triple Shine - Twinkled Pink 

 

Sally Hansen Triple Shine Glitter Topper Polish in Twinkled Pink
Sally Hansen Triple Shine - Twinkled Pink

I picked this up at the same time as the Lively Lilac and put it on a couple days later. As you can see, in those days my nails and cuticles suffered. The sidewalls of my index and middle finger broke some more and look even worse after I couldn't stop picking on them. My pinky had an unfortunate incident where I picked at the extra cuticle because I was anxious about a work thing and before I knew it, it was bleeding and awful. So I used Twinkled Pink as a glitter topper so I wouldn't have to put acetone on my nails and hurt my pinky.


Sally Hansen Triple Shine Glitter Topper Polish in Twinkled Pink
Sally Hansen Triple Shine - Twinkled Pink

Sally Hansen Triple Shine Glitter Topper Polish in Twinkled Pink
Sally Hansen Triple Shine - Twinkled Pink

I took several shots because I was trying to capture the orange-y shades it has, there's some coppery glitters that are just gorgeous in the sunlight. I'm going to have to wear it again, when my nails are better and take some sunlight pics.

Sally Hansen Triple Shine Glitter Topper Polish in Twinkled Pink
Sally Hansen Triple Shine - Twinkled Pink



2 comments on "Sally Hansen - Lively Lilac & Twinkled Pink"
  1. wow I'm impressed that such a light color is a one coater! I'll have to add Lively Lilac to my polish wish list :)

    I'm glad I was able to break my nail biting habit as a kid... My nails are so hard now I don't think I could bite them even if I tried :) I still struggle with picking at my cuticles though... It's so hard to fight the urge when something starts peeling especially if I'm nervous. I try to keep those small cuticle scissors with me at all times so I can just trim the little flap of skin instead of pulling on it and peeling it... I also moisturize like crazy now so they don't peel as often. Having a nail blog has really helped me too... I try not to peel so my cuticles will look nice on my blog. But sometimes that means I'll just pick my right hand instead since that hand almost never gets photographed. Right now I have cuts on 3 fingers on my right hand :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I prefer to do two coats because I like the thicker feel, but I wore it with one coat recently when I was in a hurry, it covered great and dried quickly, within 5 minutes.

      I like the idea of carrying a small cuticle scissor with me, I started carrying hand cream in my bag last week and it's helped a ton already.

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature