Top Social

Pastel Seriotype Nail Art

Saturday, March 19, 2016
pastel-dusty-creme-seriotype-nail-art

I wanted to attempt some seriotype nail art...it didn't go too well. Seriotype nails are when you take a sponge and apply the colors randomly, then dab them onto the nail. I actually only learned recently what this technique was called. I've heard it called watercolor nails as well, since the effect can look like a washed out watercolor painting background. Sometimes it's called a smoosh attack or a smooshy base when you do the same thing with a stamper. These are also the same thing as a Saran Wrap mani, where you dab the colors directly on your nail and then smoosh them around with a Saran Wrap or when you paint a base and then use a scrunched up ball of Saran Wrap to dab on the additional colors. Point is, they all end up with a similar effect no matter what tools you use or what you call it.


pastel-dusty-cremes-seriotype-nail-art-close-up

Why do I consider this a fail? Well, you've got to see the video to get why. Basically, I couldn't get the color opaque enough with the sponge. So I gave that up and used a q-tip instead. Then I stamped over this but you're not going to see that. The stamp didn't transfer that well and at the end of the day I was just too frustrated with it. I've had a long week and all my nail art attempts where fails. It took me too long to get this done. I painted the white base one day, did the colors the next day, then stamped late in the evening. I had a Drs. appointment the next day and didn't have time to redo it. Then I was just too tired to care. You can see what it looks like with the stamping on this IG post.

Anyway, the colors I used are Color Club French White Tip for the base; Pretty & Polished Thyme and Time Again, My Sage Advice, Amethyst or Am I That; and P & P Swift Sparkle topcoat.

Video

https://youtu.be/BF8i2XrBnyA



So how is your weekend going so far? Have you done this type of nail art before? What do you call it? Let me know in the comments!


7 comments on "Pastel Seriotype Nail Art "
  1. I think this is pretty, but I understand that nail fail feeling! Im never happy with my manis like this either. I feel like my colors all blend together too much and it looks like nail polish mud. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one you posted turned out pretty, even if you didn't do it the way you intended. I had no idea the name of the sponge technique, I called it watercolor when I used it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how this turned out. I call them watercolor also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had trouble with this one, but honestly I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear this was frustrating and it didn't seem to cooperate. <3 However, I really do like the final look. I think it's really pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job with these, it's no fail at all! I love how they look stamped too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think these are a fail at all since they turned out so pretty. I know it's rough when we have a bad night doing nails but at least the final outcome is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature