Top Social

My Nails and My...Giraffe

Sunday, March 13, 2016





I've decided to start sharing some lifestyle kinda not nails necessarily. The series will be called "My Nails and My...". While I don't think my life is particularly interesting, I don't always feel like posting about nails. I've got other stuff on my mind that's I'd like to write about; things that interest me, random thoughts and rants, whatever; without having to start another blog. Don't worry, this blog will still be 90% nails. I've been trying to post every Tuesday and Thursday, with a video on YouTube on Mondays, so these posts will only be on the weekends. This series will be more like a journal of sorts.


So for my 1st post in the My Nails and My series, I want to talk about what happened yesterday. My family are Disney World Passholders until Septermber 2016. I'm not sure if we'll be able to renew the passes for another year then, but I'd sure like to. We get special discount pricing for being Florida residents and since we live about 40 mins away (depending on traffic), and we are huge Disney fans, it was something we just had to do. After having a few stressful years, we wanted to splurge on something special for the family so we opted to buy the passes with last year's tax returns.

Anyway, yesterday we went for a half day at Animal Kingdom and got there just a few minutes after the park opened. We went straight for the Kilimanjaro Safari ride since that's always our #1 must do at AK.


Even though we stood in line for about 30 minutes, it ended up being the best thing. I'm guessing they had just let the animals out into the savanna part of the ride because we encountered lots of animals blocking the road.


You might have to enlarge this pic but there's giraffes and antelope crossing the road and before that it had been wildebeest.


They added a new section with African Wild Dogs which I had never seen. They were running up and getting as close to the fence as they could so we got a really good look at them.


At one point we were surrounded by the giraffes. This one kept looking back, probably waiting on the rest of the herd to catch up. He was going so slow! Taking his sweet ass time to walk, at one point he even stepped to the side to prevent his hoofs from getting wet in a puddle. The driver took that chance to pass him by. Unfortunately, this meant we got a real good look at how giraffes go #2.

I got it some of it on video and it's up on my YouTube, you can check it out here:


The polish on my nails is Bad Bitch Polish Police Box. I don't have swatches or a review for this one, sorry.






Here's a rarely seen picture of me and the family. I'm trying to get into the pictures more since I realized that I barely have any pictures of myself. I hate the way I look in photos and I'm struggling with loosing weight (which I'll probably write about in another future post) so I don't pose for pictures unless I absolutely have to.

So that's it for this edition of My Nails and My... I kept it lighthearted for the 1st one. How was your weekend? Ever been to Disney? Let me know in the comments!



6 comments on "My Nails and My...Giraffe"
  1. I really love this idea and look forward to seeing your nails on different fun adventures. :-) Do you, by chance, watch Tim and jenn Tracker on YouTube? They do a whole lot of fun videos about life in Orlando, Florida including Disney World.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Animal Kingdom is soooo amazing, and I love your pictures of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic post! I love giraffes, manis, and random life posts! You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the family pic! I'm the same way too and I feel guilty that I'm not in a lot of pics with my children! Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great idea for a series! Weight loss isn't easy I struggle with it too. I've only been to Disney once when I was 11 and I'm just dying to go back and share the experience with my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love Disney too. Thanks for sharing! It's great to see your nails on an adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature