Top Social

Blue Fishtail Water Marble Nail Art and Tutorial

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

This week has been kicking my butt. I meant to post this yesterday but I have not had the time. And it's only Wednesday, I'm crying a little. I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow and spring break starts on Friday for my oldest so...there goes whatever little peace and quiet I had remaining. Anyway, it's time for another Mani Swap! I do these almost every month but don't always post about them in here. But you can find them on my Instagram if you want to see them. This month I swapped with @sassy_manis.


Here is our collage. We both did water marbles! It was my first time trying out a fishtail water marble. It's even easier than a regular water marble design in my opinion but I messed it up. Here's the story. (Skip this if you just want to see pics and the tutorial below). I usually do water marble decals because that way I can just do the design, and let it dry while I take care of other stuff, then apply to my nails whenever I have time. When I'm only doing 1-2 nails I use a little empty container of cuticle balm. When my nails were much much shorter I'd use the same container for actual marbles, dipping my finger in. So when I went to do this one, I dipped my finger in and then realized my nail was too long and I was touching the bottom of the container. Second, when I went to remove said finger from the water, I forgot to get q-tips and grabbed an orange wood stick. Not the best idea since it didn't fully remove all the polish from the surface of the water and there was still a light film left when I took my finger out. The result being that the design isn't as clear as it should be. I tried to do my ring finger like in the original but after 3-4 tries I gave up. Lesson learned, use a larger cup or stick with the decals.

pretty-polished-dusty-cremes-blue-water-marble

pretty-polished-dusty-creme-blue-watermarble-close-up

I used a few of the Dusty Cremes from Pretty and Polished: Docked in Biscay Bay, Weather the Storm, and My Sage Advice. I purchased these myself. You can find them here: Dusty Cremes. I've had them for a few months and the pigments do tend to separate a bit so they need a good shake before using them, just as an fyi.

Video Tutorial

You know I had to film it. I film all the things now!



So, thoughts? Should I try again, maybe as a decal? Have you ever done a fishtail water marble? How did it go? Let me know in the comments!
13 comments on "Blue Fishtail Water Marble Nail Art and Tutorial"
  1. Great manis! I really should do some mani swaps, I've only done one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! I still don't have the balls to water marble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and clever mani! The tutorial is great and it really helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this! I swear it feels like forever since I've attempted a watermarble

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't watermable mainly cause of the mess. And I suck at it. This is so pretty though!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought it was a decal. It looks different

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought it was a decal. It looks different

    ReplyDelete
  9. Watermarble is so hit or miss for me! I Really love the colors you used together for this :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love thesee!! I Def need those dusties in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love thesee!! I Def need those dusties in my life!!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature