Top Social

UberChic XL Stampers Review

Tuesday, March 8, 2016
mamaheartspolish-uber-chic-xl-stamper-review

Today I wanted to do a simple and quick review on the UberChic XL stampers. There's already a lot of very thorough and great reviews out there, especially on YouTube. I was asked for my thoughts on them on my channel, since I didn't own any of them at the time so I couldn't compare so I wanted to include my experience with these stampers now that I've gotten my hands on them.

Video Review

To see the stampers in action, check out my video here: https://youtu.be/EndZEwDh65w. Blogger keeps giving me issues where it doesn't want to embed the video the day I upload it and makes me wait about 24 hrs, so please click on the link if you want to see it. I'll update it later.
Update: added video.



My Thoughts

I purchased the XL sticky stamper set in clear and black that comes with the black matte holder and credit card like scraper. I also got the pink and tiffany blue non-sticky replacement stamper heads. From what I can gather by watching and reading the reviews, the current clear and black heads don't seem to be exactly the same as the first batch. The matte black holder with the UberChic logo was not part of the initial release, and the heads don't seem to me to be as squishy and sticky as the original ones.

The stamper heads come pre-primed but I wasn't satisfied with the pickup and did wash them with dishwashing detergent and warm water. I also had to gently rub the clear and black with a magic eraser. Maybe it's a me thing, but I expect a perfect pickup with no missed spots, otherwise I do prime them.

The clear and black heads are super soft and squishy, that makes them much more delicate than the medium firm non-sticky heads. One has to be very careful when placing them in the holder to not nick the sides. My black head already has two small cuts. The pink and tiffany blue replacement heads are larger by a few centimeters than the clear and black, although the website says they are the same. They are the largest stamper heads I own and I have to really squish them in the holder. They aren't really non-sticky as they do have a slight tackiness to them. They just aren't super sticky like the other heads. The tiffany blue is fast becoming my favorite stamper. It's my absolute favorite shade of blue and I love medium firm non-sticky stampers.

How Do They Stamp

mamaheartspolish-uber-chic-sticky-stamper-review

I used Wet n Wild Black Creme and French White Creme and UC plate 5-03 to test them out. I tend to see these reviews done with MdU polish and a lot of people (including myself) don't own that brand or ever intend to, so I really wanted to show that you don't need any special stamping polish to get good results with these. However, I did get some slight smearing with the topcoat which tends to not happen as much when using stamping polish.

mamaheartspolish-uber-chic-clear-sticky-stamper-review

Clear sticky stamper with Wet n Wild Black Creme. Other than a few tiny missed spots, it was a great pickup and transfer until I smeared it.

mamaheartspolish-uber-chic-black-sticky-stamper-review

Black sticky stamper with Wet n Wild French White Creme. Same results as the clear. I got a few small missed spots and the smearing which was my fault.

mamaheartspolish-uber-chic-non-sticky-blue-pink-stampers-review

For the non-sticky stampers I used a different topcoat which didn't smear as much. Same polishes and plate as the sticky stampers.

mamaheartspolish-uber-chic-pink-non-sticky-stamper-review

uber-chic-tiffany-blue-non-sticky-stamper-review

Now, it could just be my stamping style, but I feel there's less missed spots with the firmer non-sticky heads. There's still some smearing of the polish happening once on my nails. Since the initial pickup from plate to stamper looks clear (you can see on my video), then I'm guessing this is happening once I apply the stamp to my nails or when I topcoat. It could be the polish I used, or the topcoat. Not sure. In any case, I'll have future manis with actual stamping polish with these stampers and UberChic plates so you guys can see the difference.

I bought these stampers from www.uberchicbeauty.com

Do you have any of these stampers? Are they the same or different from the ones I got? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

13 comments on "UberChic XL Stampers Review"
  1. I don't have any of these stampers, but I've heard good things about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I love the XL sticky stamper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not tried this stamper, but I'm definitely finding it is trial and error across brands and even the scraper for me. I may have to add this one to my assortment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have these stampers on my wishlist so I am really stoked to see a review on them. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review! I don't think I need any new stamper heads for a while, but I'll keep these in mind if I run short!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review. I dont have any of these in my stamping head arsenal, and Im particularly impressed that they stamp this well with regular polish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your reviews are always so great! I don't have any of these

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review. I don't have any of these stampers but I would like to get one some day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I brought these during the holidays and definitely like them, both the sticky and non-sticky. I can't seem to pick which one I like to use more.

    As for your video, have you tried to wait till after it's done processing. Usually it takes an hour at least before mine will show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome post nadia!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome post nadia!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard great things and then not so great things about this brand. I appreciate the comprehensive review.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't have any of these stampers! Thanks for a great review!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature