Top Social

Pink Floral Stamping with Essie Spaghetti Strap

Friday, March 25, 2016
pink-floral-stamping-bundle-monster-bms105

You guys...I meant for this post to published yesterday as another #tbt. I fell asleep, I was too exhausted. I re-swatched one of the very first polishes I reviewed in this blog and added some nail art. Essie Spaghetti Strap. It's also one of my most popular posts for some reason. Anyway, more swatches, macro, and video below!

Essie-spaghetti-strap-swatch-2016

Essie Spaghetti Strap is a classic pink creme in that typical sheer and finicky Essie formula we all know and love to hate. Don't be fooled by that swatch photo above. It was still patchy at 3 coats and probably would have needed a 4th. I do have to admit that since Essie was the brand that launched my obsession, over the years I've learned how to deal with their formulas. In the case of Spaghetti Strap, you need to do medium thick coats and a really good quick dry topcoat. The polish will self level somewhat, so you don't have to keep going over the patchy areas. It's meant to be a sheer color so there's visible nail line.

pink-floral-stamping-wet-n-wild-frosted-fuchsia

pink-floral-stamping-close-up

For my update I wanted to do some simple nail art. Stamping to the rescue. I went with Wet n Wild Frosted Fuchsia which is a bright magenta pink with blue shimmer. I love stamping with the Wet n Wild Wild Shine line, especially the older frosty colors. They are very opaque and stamp really nicely. A lot of these where discontinued and I actually got backups through a girl on one of the FB groups who found a bunch at her local dollar store. I used Bundle Monster plate BM-S105 from the Shangri-La set and their XL silicone stamper (these heads). Topped it off with HK Girl topcoat. Not my favorite topcoat but I only wore this for a few hours and didn't want to waste my Swift Sparkle.

Video


"Live swatch" and stamping how to in the video above. Why do they call it a live swatch? It's not streaming or live, wouldn't it be more accurate just to call it a video swatch? Random thought.

Anyway, sadly, this was the first time that I've worn that Essie since I originally swatched in 2014. That means I'm going to be letting it go for very cheaply in my upcoming blog sale. Like $1.50 or something like that. It's still a very pretty basic creme, I just have other indies that are more opaque and easier to use (*cough cough* Bad Bitch Polish - Fuzzy Handcuffs *cough*).

So tell me, do you own this pink? What's your favorite soft pink creme polish? Any other awesome indie pink cremes I should try? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!


11 comments on "Pink Floral Stamping with Essie Spaghetti Strap"
  1. This is a really pretty mani. I don't have the patience for Essie's sheer formula so I swore them off a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that combo of stamping over the sheer polish. Stamping can always cover up the flaws of a tricky polish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that Wet N Wild really did stamp perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finicky polishes are so annoying. Especially when they're this pretty. I will admit I put up with some of them too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually don't really own any pinks, I'm not a huge fan of it and it doesn't really look great with my skin tone. I do love this mani though!! Great combination and flawless stamping!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this mani!! You did such a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this mani!! You did such a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, love this mani. I had no idea about the older Wet and Wilds stamping so well, now I have to go through my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful mani!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet, I love how detailed that stamp is! I also second that they should be video swatches lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty spring mani, pefect combo of color and pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature