Top Social

Essie Swatch and Review - Spaghetti Strap

Monday, May 19, 2014
Essie-Spaghetti Strap-Swatch-Review-Short Nails

UPDATE: Hey there, you who are reading this ridiculously old and yet very popular post of mine! My nails are longer and my photography skills have improved drastically. Would you like to see better swatches of this color? Leave me a comment below!


Essie's Spaghetti Strap is one of my favorite sheer pinks. Essie describes it as a sheer pink peony. Now, I've seen a lot of mixed reviews for this color and I will admit that it has a learning curve. It was a little tricky at first but practice makes perfect and based on the pics, I think I got the hang of it.

I would describe this as a crelly (mix creme/jelly). You can apply it either really thickly or do very thin, watery coats. I've tried it both ways and I find the best technique to be somewhere in between. I start with a thin coat, very sheer and wait for it to dry. Then I apply a medium thick coat and wait for that to dry. My nails are short so you might need more polish but the way I do it is by plopping a single drop near the cuticle, then I wipe the brush and spread that drop straight down, wipe brush and spread to the sides. Sometimes that'll be enough, but if it isn't perfectly level by then or I smudged it then I'll put another really thin coat. For the thin coats I just dip the brush and wipe, then spread all over the nail. Clean up with a cuticle stick dipped in acetone or scrap it off with warm water once it's really dry. Finish with your favorite top coat.

My index finger actually has 4 coats and it's less sheer and more candy pink because I smudged it before I could take the pic. (This is what happens when you paint your nails and then the baby wakes up from his nap, so you pray that they are dry enough and hope you'll have time later to take some pics.) But anyways, if you're up for it, 4 coats would make it really opaque and almost a different pink.


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature