Top Social

M Polish Custom - Ocean Swells

Tuesday, February 16, 2016
m-polish-custom-ocean-swells-swatch

Today I have swatches of an M Polish I had custom made for me. I've been searching for a dark teal that's not too green with flakies for a while. I've collected a few in my attempt to find the perfect one but they were either too blue or too green. So I asked Megan is she could make it for me. I wanted something that resembled the deep ocean during a storm and I'm very happy with what she created.

m-polish-custom-ocean-swells-macro

Ocean Swells is a dark teal creme with gold flakies. This is one coat of polish with topcoat. It's super pigmented and rich, and the formula is easy to apply. It did not stain my skin as teals can sometimes do. Like a lot of teals, this photographed more blue than it is, it looks like a dark blue in my monitor, there is a hint of green to the base in real life.

m-polish-custom-ocean-swells-stamping-close-up

Although Megan did not design this polish with it's stampability in mind, it does a great job. I used MoYou London Suki 04 and my Bundle Mosnter semi-squishy XL silicone stamper for this mani. I did have issues with it working on some plate/stamper combos, but like I said, it's meant to be regular nail polish, not stamping polish. Once I found the right combo, the crispness and opacity is amazing! I love how I can still see the flakies.

I have another custom to show you guys later. This one came about in the trial and error process of creating Ocean Swells.

I approached Megan to make this customs for me when she had the time. It's not available for sale but if you're interested in other M Polish polishes, check out www.mpolishes.com. Currently, she's on maternity leave but the shop will be open again soon. You can also check out the M Polish Lovers FB fan group for all the latest info and to share your M Polish manis.

10 comments on "M Polish Custom - Ocean Swells"
  1. Loving the spirals so much. :-) Great nail art. It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous colour! I'm glad you were able to get the shade you have been wanting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flakes are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful stamping job though! I would have never thought to stamp with a flakie polish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This mani is so perfect! Beautiful custom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! You definitely found the right combo to stamp with. The stamping is flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this! The polish, the design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super pretty! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous custom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great look. Loving the swirlies.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature