Top Social

Untried Mainstream - Orly High on Hope

Saturday, February 20, 2016
orly-high-on-hope-swatch

Today I have an oldie from my collection. I've owned this one for a while. High on Hope was part of Orly's Spring 2013 collection, I found it on TJ Maxx a year later. And then it sat untried until January 2016 when I originally swatches this. So sad. Review and macro below/after the break.


orly-high-on-hope-macro

Swatch is 2 coats with topcoat. High on Hope is described by Orly as a deep blue with pink shimmer. But if you look at the macro you can tell it's so much more than that. This is why Orly is my favorite mainstream brand. Occasionally, they'll put out gems like these. The base is sorta dusty navy blue creme and it has iridescent...almost multichrome micro flakes that shift from copper/gold to pink/purple. Just look at the macro! And there's even more shift in person. This was created in 2013! Let that sink in, years before indies where making these types of flakie finishes. And they say it's just a pink shimmer...tsk tsk tsk.

If you come across this beauty, pick it up! It's actually still easily available directly from Orly here, or from a few Amazon retailers.
8 comments on "Untried Mainstream - Orly High on Hope"
  1. Wow! This is gorgeous! I definitely need to pick up this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous swatch and polish! I need to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, personally, very much approve of the color and the name of this polish. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to pull this one back out. Thanks for reminding me of it's beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love an oldie but a goodie! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! Orly has been off my radar for a while but I definitely bought a few of their collections in that period because of the unique finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely! I really like ORLY as a brand, I have a few of their Cosmic FX polishes (from 2010!) they've been making amazing polishes with micro flakies for a long time :)

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature