Top Social

Black and Purple Water Marble Nail Art

Wednesday, February 11, 2015
black-purple-water-marble-nail-art

Hi guys! Today I have some black and purple water marble nails done with Bettina nail polishes as part of the February BHB nails mani swap.

Every month the BHB nails thread has a mani swap. It's only my second time, I totally forgot to post January's pictures but here are February's. I got partnered with @pretty_in_pink_polish and she recreated my neon pink-orange gradient nails.


I did her black and purple water marble but I switched the accent to a sparkly black with Orly Goth, which is a black creme with silver shimmer.

onyx-purple-water-marble-nail-art-bettina-cosmetics

In order to avoid the mess and bubbles I got last time I marbled, I did these using the decal method. You just do your marble like usual and let it dry on the cup. After 30 mins or more you remove it, cut it to fit your nails and place. Then trim the excess and clean up like usual. What's great about this is that I can also use more than one part of the decal for all my nails and I didn't have to waste polish doing several marbles.


Here's a little macro shot of the marble on my middle nail. I really love how well the Bettina polishes marble, this is the best one I've done so far. I top coated these with Bettina High Gloss.

I really enjoyed the mani swap and I'm looking forward to more, if any of you guys want to swap, just send me an email, DM on IG, or PM on FB and let me know!

Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest

18 comments on "Black and Purple Water Marble Nail Art"
  1. I really want to try the decal method for marbling. This looks really great! I like the purple and black together. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I can marble but I can't decal them! Lol maybe I'll try again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Your water marble looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. water-marble looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. And that top coat..wow. Looks like glass

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice marble and I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone is posting awesome watermarbles this week and I'm over here with terrible looking patterns.

    Seriously the colors are beautiful and it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. The watermarbling is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect marble! The black and purple look so mysterious together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loooooooove this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, those colors go so well with the water marble! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic marbling! Thank you for pointing out that decals use less polish! It's something that should have been obvious but I glazed over the fact till you said it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so in love with this marble, fantastic job! And you're making me so jealous of your Bettina collection lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is like an awesome purple zebra--love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wonder how well it would work if I made a bunch of marbles and stored them... The decals are so much fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow your watermarble turned out amazing. :) Love the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a great marble, Nadia! You both did so well with the mani swap!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature