Top Social

Pink and Grey Argyle Nail Art

Saturday, January 10, 2015
argyle-sweater-nail-art-serumn-no-5-matte
Hi guys! I know that I tend to post swatches on Saturdays for my Simple Swatch Saturday series on IG but I've been working on the prompts for the Crumpet's Nail Tarts 31 Day Challenge (#31dc2015) and since I'm already almost two weeks behind I figured it was time I started posting them. Read on after the break to see what I did!

chick-nail-polish-doll-face-pink-grey-argyle-nail-art

Day 1 prompt is to follow a tutorial. I used a video tutorial by cutepolish for making freehand argyle nail art. It's really simple, although it does require a steady hand. I started with two coats of a light pink creme, Doll Face from Chick Nail Polish. Then I used single chevron nail vinyls from Glam My Mani (these where previously provided for me to review) to create the grey triangles. After, I used a stripping brush dipped in thinned white polish (White Out from Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear) to create the white stripes. Finally, I topped it all with once coat of As A Matte A Fact from Serum No.5.

pink-grey-argyle-sweater-nail-art-matte-flakies-close-up

I really love Serum No. 5 As A Matte A Fact, it's a matte top coat with flakies in it! These aren't holographic or color shifting flakies, they are slightly iridescent however and add a nice subtle shimmer.

What do you guys think? Have you done argyle print nail art before?

Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest!

33 comments on "Pink and Grey Argyle Nail Art"
  1. Such a pretty, feminine design! And your freehand is perfect! Thanks for the heads up on that Serum No. 5 topper. From your description, it sounds like the matte counterpart to CG Fairy Dust! Off to buy it ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love! This mani combined my favorite print (argyle) with 2 of my favorite colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors and pattern, so classic and feminine! This is the first I'm hearing of the Serum No.5 Matte Flakie Topper, I need it in my life now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great topper. The Mercurial magpie has a great review on it.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this pink, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to do this pattern for such a long time but it's very intimating to me lol I love how this mani turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually really easy, especially if you use a vinyl or stripping tape to help with the different color triangles. The hardest part is then free handing the thin lines.

      Delete
  6. I absolutely adore these! They look so soft! And I'm pretty sure I need that Serum No 5 in my life stat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mega. Yes you do, it's awesome if you like to matte things. Matte + Flakies = win.

      Delete
  7. Such a cute design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. B-e-a-utiful!!!! Very well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my I loooove this! I want to wear this mani with a black or ivory sweater right now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, lol. It's very cozy looking isn't it?

      Delete
  10. The colours go really well together


    Danielle Mac

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very delicate and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way cute! The colors really go well together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like how the color combo turned out.

      Delete
  13. These are great. The colors are perfect together and I love the argyle look !

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cute look!! The colors work really well together and I love the added shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute! Grey + pink is such a good combination :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eva. I really like the combo.

      Delete
  16. Great color combo, I loved the soft look.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can totally see a sweater like this - it's just so preppy and cool looking!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature