Top Social

Black Watercolor Tape Mani

Monday, January 12, 2015
watercolor-black-stripes-31dc-day-2
Shiny
*

That's kind of a weird title isn't it? I just don't know how else to describe it. For Day 2 of the CNT 31 Day Challenge 2015, the prompt is "tape mani". I don't actually have any stripping tape so I used stripe vinyls from Glam My Mani, my acrylic paints, and Whipped from Sinful Colors Professional to create this look. There's more after the break!

First off, some of my pictures came out a bit blurry. I took a lot of shots and my camera just didn't want to focus well. It's an older Nikon Coolpix S570, maybe 5 years old, I honestly can't even remember when exactly I got it but I do know it was sometime after my daughter was born and she's already 7. I still think it takes clearer pictures than my phone though, even if it sometimes freaks out over certain colors. So I feel the pictures are ok, but they aren't as sharp and defined as they could be. Just do me a favor and don't click on them to make them full size. Anyway, on to the mani.

matte-black-stipes-watercolor-nail-art
Matte

This is actually pretty simple to do. I started out with a white base on all my nails, then diluted my acrylic paints with water. I used a Q-tip to paint on different colors randomly and waited for it to dry.


After it dried, I sealed it with Seche Vite so I could safely apply the vinyls without messing it up.


If you notice, the pattern in which I placed the vinyls for this pic don't match the final product. That's caused I changed my mind and re-arranged them but it's the same concept. I used one coat of Sinful Colors Whipped, which is a black matte polish on top of my vinyls.

watercolor-black-stripes-macro

 Here's what it looks like topped with Seche Vite. Since Whipped is a matte polish, I couldn't decide if I wanted to leave it matte or shiny so I took pictures of both versions. In person I liked the matte but now that I've spent a couple of hours seeing it up close while I edited, I think it looks better shiny in pictures.

31dc2015-day-tape-mani-matte-black-stripes

What do you guys think? Shiny or matte?

*All the products where purchased by me, except the vinyls which where previously provided by Glam My Mani for review.

Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest




22 comments on "Black Watercolor Tape Mani"
  1. These are so pretty!! I love the contrast of the bright colors against the black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the watercolor base!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the watercolour base!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The water coloring underneath is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cool looking! I like the black over the watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that watercolor. I prefer shiny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous look, I really need to start working with acrylics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to try something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, love the watercolor concept. I'm gonna have to go with shiny vs the matte for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the watercolour base! Its superb!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great idea for a watercolor base! It really pops under that matte black!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this!!! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it both ways, but I prefer the glossy. Beautiful job with the watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cool! I love the bright watercolor base contrasting against the black!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it matte! It is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cool design. I loved matt look

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super pretty!! I love how it looks matte.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty watercolor mani. I liked the matted version more

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks all for the comments! It seems you're divided between shiny and matte. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature