Top Social

BHB Nails Challenge - Princess Luna

Saturday, January 17, 2015
mlp-fim-nail-art

I have something a little different today. This week's BHB Nails challenge is nail art inspired by your avatar. Since my avatar is Princess Luna from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and my kids and I have been binge watching the show for the past two weeks, I figured I might as well actually do it since it seems fitting. I've done Princess Luna inspired nails before but my free-hand skills weren't that great so I decided to give it another go and created this mani based on her cutie mark. There's more after the break!


knockout-lacquer-b-positive-swatch

Like I mentioned above, my avatar on the BHB Nail Polish thread on Babycenter is Princess Luna from MLP: FiM. My motto when it comes to nail art is to keep it simple, so I decided to just pick a base color that reminds me of her and to do her cutie mark as an accent.

Luna's cutie mark.

Princess Luna is a pony that's in charge of raising and lowering the moon, among other things. Her cutie mark (the image on a pony's flank) is a white moon on a dark shape that resembles a cloud with some dots around it. I couldn't fit the entire thing into my shorties so I did what I could.

princess-luna-mlp-nail-art

For the base I picked B-positive from Knockout Lacquer, a very sparkly, scattered holographic navy blue. For a short review, I can tell you guys that this polish is full of holographic glitter and it quickly dries to a textured, satiny finish. You really only need one coat to get complete coverage, although I did two. It was thicker than I like my polishes to be, mostly due to all the glitter, so I added two drops of thinner but that's really a matter of personal preference. I added my accent nail and then sealed everything with two coats of High Gloss topcoat from Bettina Cosmetics (a Puerto Rican based cosmetics brand).

princess-luna-nail-art-cutie-mark

Here's a closer look at the accent and the sparkles. I used Sinful Colors Black on Black and Snow Me White with some dotting tools and a small brush.

Overall I think it was a fun challenge and I really have to try and do more of them.

Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest!
12 comments on "BHB Nails Challenge - Princess Luna"
  1. I think you did a great job! I love that blue polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blue is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One coaters are the best! This is like the perfect blue for you...looks good on your skintone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that blue polish! And you did a great job on the cutie mark :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty design. I love the base and the Princess Luna symbol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it - absolutely fantastic job!!! Gorgeous polish too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very cute! I love MLP! I don't know this one though. I probably would have cheated and chosen an easier one like Applebloom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous blue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job :) One of my boston terrier's is named Luna!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute mani, that's such a pretty blue base too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nadia, this mani is adorable! I like how you translated your avi to your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check it out:

    http://tastefultexanrecipes.blogspot.com/2015/01/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature