Top Social

Peacock Nail Art with CrowsToes Nail Color

Monday, September 1, 2014
peacock-stamping-nail-art-collage


Hello lovely readers! Happy Labor Day to the ones in the USA, I hope most of you are enjoying your day off. For me, it means I have Princess A home from school so double the mess. Today I have some Peacock nail art with MoYou London's Tropical plate 01, CrowsToes Nail Color's Huginn & Muninn and China Glaze Watermelon Rind as the base. This post will be picture heavy because Huginn & Muninn is a color shifting multichrome so I took several shots to show the range of colors.

peacock-nail-art-crowstoes-huginn-muninn

The theme was for a BHB Nail Club challenge a few weeks back, chosen by Carmie from http://ineedamani.blogspot.com/. She chose "animals", not to be confused with animal print. Since I had just gotten the Tropical Plate 01 from MoYou London, I knew it would be perfect.

stamping-peacock-nail-art-moyou-tropical

I used China Glaze Watermelon Rind on my thumb and index, and Huginn & Muninn on the rest of the fingers and on my right hand. The silver is Wet n Wild Metallica from the Wild Shine line.

moyou-london-tropical-01-peacock

I smudged the stamping a little pit and I had issues with placement but it's only like my 4th or 5th time stamping so I'm still really proud of it.


nail-art-stamping-moyou-peacock

You can see a bit of the color shift of Huginn & Muninn here but in order to show you the full effect I decided to photograph my right hand as well, since that had no design to cover it. Sorry about the less than perfect clean up.

mutlichrome-color-shifting-nail-lacquer-crowtoes

Let's talk about CrowsToes Huginn & Muninn! This is from their 9 Realms collection, based on the realms of Norse Mythology. Huginn & Muginn were a pair of ravens that flew around the world bringing information to Odin. The polish is a color shifting multichrome jelly with a hint of shimmer, shifting from dark green, teal/turquoise, purple according to the angle and light.

huginn-muninn-crows-toes-swatch-review

This is the purple color I saw most often, when I was looking at it directly.

crowstoes-hugginn-muginn-indoors

Color shift in indoor, artificial lights.

crowstoes-nail-color-huginn-muninn-swatch

The formula is excellent, really smooth and easy to apply. The only warning I have is that the 1st coat you put on will be blue and I recommend you clean up any polish you get on your skin as you go because it can stain. I'm wearing two coats for these pictures. In my left hand I had two coats over black because it seemed like a very translucent jelly but I think the color shift is more noticeable with the polish layered on it's own.

That's it guys! Thanks for making it all the way to the end. I bought this polish at Llarowe.com, you can find CrowsToes at their Facebook page and http://thepolishedcrow.blogspot.com/. The Facebook page will have the latest info plus swatches.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature