Top Social

Nail Polish Indie Brand - Swatches and Review

Monday, September 29, 2014
Nail Polish Indie Brand Swatches and Review


Hello readers, today I have swatches and a review of 5 polishes from Nail Polish Indie Brand, which is run by Jodi. She let me pick out the colors I wanted to review so there's a mix of collections. Overall, I found the quality to be really good, the formula on all of them was nice and smooth and easy to use. All of the ones I picked where on a jelly base, some more sheer than others but most reached full opacity in 2-3 coats, except for one (Peachy Keen). They are also all 5 Free. Read on for more!


nail-polish-indie-brand-dawn-swatch
Dawn - Sunlight

Let's start with the one I liked the most! This is Dawn, a light teal blue with scattered holographic shimmer, from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer collection. It's a collection of sheer holos that can be worn alone in 3 coats or layered over other colors to create fun effects. I'm wearing just 2 coats (no topcoat) on these pictures. I found it really easy to build to opacity, there was zero staining of either skin or nail beds. I really really like this one, it's my favorite color.

dawn-nail-polish-indie-brand-sunlight-swatch


dawn-nail-polish-indie-brand-close-up

I really wanted to get a shot of what it looks like over black, but my toddler grabbed my hand in the middle of swatching and smudged it. I did manage to take a pic of the one surviving nail though.

Dawn-Nail-Polish-Indie-Brand_over-black-macro
Dawn - 1 coat over black with flash
I had to use the flash on my camera to capture the holo since it was night by then. It looks really cool over black so I owe you guys a better picture.

nail-polish-indie-brand-xander-sunlight-swatch
Xander - 2 coats, sunlight

Up next is Xander, also from the Buffy collection. This one looks a little brown-ish in the bottle and in the pictures but it's more purple in person. I found this one to be a little more sheer than Dawn. I'm wearing 3 coats without topcoat.

nail-polish-indie-brand-xander-swatch
Light box and LED lamp
xander-nail-polish-indie-brand

xander-nail-polish-indie-brand-macro

Here's what Xander looks like over white and over black.

xander-nail-polish-indie-brand-black

On this picture, I have 3 coats over white on my index finger, 2 coats over white on the middle finger, 2 coats over black on my ring finger, 1 coat over black on my pinky.

peachy-keen-nail-polish-indie-brand-swatch

Peachy Keen is a peach scented scattered holo that glows in the dark. I don't know why my fingers look so tanned in the Peachy Keen pics, I'm guessing it's due to several days of taking pics out in the sun. It's the tropics here, normally I tan just by walking from my apartment to the car. Anyways, Peachy Keen is the sheerest of all the ones I tried. I don't have a picture of what it looks like on it's own. It matched my skin tone perfectly and looked like a really pretty sheer holo but I could not capture it on camera. So, here it is over white. This is 3 coats, outdoors in the shade.

peachy-keen-sunlight-nail-polish-indie-brand

Peachy-keen-nail-polish-indie-brand-close-up-swatch

Peachy Keen has a lovely, subtle peach scent, not so much as soon as you open the bottle, but as it dries. The cool thing about this one, is that it has a really strong glow in the dark effect. I attempted to capture it on camera but...once again, I sorta failed. But anyways, here are my attempts to capture the glow. Sorry about the creepy nails floating in the air. First pic was in my bathroom with the lights turned off, it had the strongest glow but super blurry. Second pic is in my light box.

glow-in-the-dark-peachy-keen-nail-polish-indie-brand.

Peachy-Keen-glow-in-the-dark-swatch

nail-polish-indie-brand-penny-swatch

This is Penny, a very opaque metallic in a jelly base, the color of well...pennies! This color is the type to pick up all the imperfections on the nail. The bubbling and weird streaks are all from Orly Nail Rescue Kit patches on my nails and not from the polish itself. This is really opaque and you can get away with one coat if you apply it carefully.

nail-polish-indie-brand-penny-sunlight-swatch

It's so pretty in the sun! It has a slight golden sheen. For funsies (or for shiggles, as my fellow BHB ladies might say), since it's so opaque and metallic I decided to try and see if I could stamp with it. And the answer is... sorta.

penny-nail-polish-indie-brand-stamp

It transfers pretty well on to the stamp but due to it's jelly base, it looks more sheer. So you can definitely stamp with it, but it won't be a fully opaque metallic.

nail-polish-indie-brand-black-hole

Last up is Black Hole, a black jelly with gold shimmer and holo sparkles. This is also another one of my favorites. This is 3 coats, no top coat. It's a lovely, sheer, black jelly that's really easy to build to opacity. You can also do 2 coats over black but I really like the look of the jelly.

nail-polish-indie-brand-black-hole-swatch

black-hole-nail-polish-indie-brand-swatch

black-hole-nail-polish-indie-brand-macro

black-hole-nail-polish-indie-brand


I was sent these to review but they are all available for purchase at Nail Polish Indie Brand's shop.


Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at Bloglovin, Facebook, and Instagram!

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature