Top Social

Agave - Reverie Nail Lacquer Swatches and Review

Saturday, August 30, 2014
Agave-Reverie-Nail-Lacquer-collage

For today's Simple Swatch Saturday I have swatches and a review of Reverie Nail Lacquer's Agave. This is from their summer collection but I think it's a perfect color to wear year round.


agave-reverie-nail-lacquer-swatch

Agave is a pale blue-gray polish with small copper and gold flakies in a creme base. Indoors the gold flakes really shine but they aren't too overwhelming, making this a good office appropriate neutral polish.

reverie-nail-lacquer-agave-swatch

You can really see the copper flakes in the sunlight!

reverie-nail-lacquer-agave-review

Let's talk formula and application! It's perfect, really, I had zero issues. The formula is buttery and self levels, not too thin or watery. My index and middle finger have 3 coats, not because it needed it but because I smudged the original 2 so I quickly added a 3rd before taking the pics. It's part of blogging while taking care of kids, sometimes you gotta do stuff before the polish is completely dry...like change diapers, or break up fights and there goes all that work out the window. There's still 2 coats on my ring and pinky. You can actually get away with one coat for a very sheer and pretty look. After my 1st coat, I was surprised by how well it self leveled and how perfect it'd be for a more subtle look.

agave-grey-glitter-nail-polish

I added an accent on my ring finger using Sally Hansen Color Foil in Liquid Gold to stamp a design from MoYou London Explorer 03 plate. A word of warming about those SH Color Foils, they do create a very opaque transfer but you have to work really fast, like lightning fast other wise it dries on the stamp and then it's a mess when you try to transfer to your nails. You can't worry about placement and lining up the design.

Agave is available in both full and mini sizes from Reverie Nail Lacquer's Etsy shop. I still have two more polishes that I bought from them so be on the lookout for those swatches. Previously, you've seen Seascape in my Beach Nails, here are swatches of Orchid, and Cloud Burst (scroll to the end of the post).



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature