Top Social

Star Wars Nail Art - Lacquer Legion July

Monday, July 28, 2014
noodles-nail-polish-stargazer-allience-starbird-nails

I'm super excited for today's post! It's my 1st time joining The Lacquer Legion and the theme is Fandom. So I bring you the Rebel Alliance Starbird from Star Wars. I thought about this for a while since there's a lot of stuff I'm a fan of, being a sci-fi nerd and all, but if I have to choose the fandom I love the most that's without a doubt Star Wars. I've been a Star Wars fan since I was a pre-teen, when the re-release of the original trilogy came out in the late 90s. I read the Expanded Universe books, I role-played with my friends, I wrote fan fiction...yup.



Rebel Alliance Starbird

 If you're wondering what's the Rebel Alliance Starbird, well...that's it up there. You see this little guy most often on the sides of the starfighter's helmets and ships, in their uniforms and such. The Rebel Alliance is the group that's fighting against the Empire, the side Luke and Leia are on.

noodles-nail-polish-stargazer-star-wars-fandom


noodles-nail-polish-stargazer
 For this mani I used Noodles Nail Polish in Stargazer. It's a lovely black jelly full of hot pink glitters of different sizes, pink stars, and silver holo stars in a bigger size. Here's the official description: Stargazer is a black crelly packed with fuschia hexes and mini stars, fine silver dust, and silver holo stars. Opaque in 2-3 coats. I suggest using two coats of topcoat to smooth out.(source). 

I'm gonna be honest, I totally messed up the application and it took me a few tries to get it smooth and opaque. I don't think it's the polish's fault at all though, just my inexperience applying thick glitter polishes. I did add some thinner because it was too thick for my tastes. 1st coat I dabbed it on gently, making sure to spread it evenly and I was surprised to see it self leveled a bit. 2nd coat I then gave the bottle a good shake and spread it out nice and smooth. Followed by one coat of Gelous and one coat of NYC Grand Central Station quick dry polish.


star-wars-allience-starbird-fandom-nails

After that I used a Sally Hansen Nail Art pen to draw on the Starbird in silver and finished with a nail art brush dipped in ILNP Very Ornamental to fill in the red. I've never done something so detailed and tiny, it's not perfect but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.Looking at it now I should have top coated it again to smooth it out but alas, I didn't. Lesson learned.

star-wars-rebel-allience-fandom-nail-art

If you want to see what other nail artists and bloggers did for Lacquer Legion then head on over to their Facebook page and use the hashtag #LLfandom on Instagram.




2 comments on "Star Wars Nail Art - Lacquer Legion July "
  1. This is such a cool glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's from Noodles Nail Polish, which is an indie on Etsy.

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature