Top Social

Reverie Nail Lacquer- Orchid Swatch & Review

Saturday, August 2, 2014
Purchased by Me

reverie-nail-lacquer-orchid-indoors
Reverie Nail Lacquer - Orchid - indoors

Hi guys! I'm starting a new Saturday feature called Simple Swatch Saturday and today I have Reverie Nail Lacquer's Orchid. On a fun note, I'm writing this ahead of time because Puerto Rico is actually under a Tropical Storm Warning for Tropical Storm Bertha. It will be affecting us starting Saturday morning. Wind gusts are estimated at around 50 MPH so that can certainly knock down trees and power lines. So just in case I don't have any power, I'm staying up late to get this done.

Now, enough of that and let's look at some more pretty swatches.


reverie-nail-lacquer-orchid-holo-lilac

This is the official description: "Orchid features a pale purple-pink base with grey undertones, golden shimmer, and a subtle holographic sheen in the sunlight!" I love this color, I'd describe it as a pale lavender with subtle holographic shimmer. The formula is awesome, just super smooth and easy to work with. One coat covers and self levels gorgeously, and is fine to wear as is for a subtle look. This is 2 coats without top coat. It dries to a smooth, shiny finish.

orchid-light-purple-holo nail polish

lavender-holo-reverie-nail-lacquer

I loved looking at it in the sunlight, just look at that rainbow. I'm not a fan of linear holos but I love scattered ones and this is perfect for me. 

stamping-nail-art-purple-sephora-opi

I did some stamping over it and it was the first time I felt my stamping was good enough to show so here it is. The image plate is Konad M51 and the color is Sephora by OPI Ms Can't Go Wrong (I'm 90% sure of this, I have a no-name mini that came in a Holiday set and I did not keep the box with the names on it so I had to Google it). The stamping is missing a few lines that didn't transfer to my nails so I tried filling them in with a stripping brush and I messed it up a bit. I still like it, it's the first time I manage to get any kind of image to stamp well.

I will have more shots on my Instagram so make sure you check it out and follow! You can find Reverie Nail Lacquer on their Etsy Shop and Facebook Page.
2 comments on "Reverie Nail Lacquer- Orchid Swatch & Review"
  1. Oh I love the way it looks with the stamping on top! It's so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature