Top Social

Negative Space Nail Art - ORLY and KB Shimmer Review

Tuesday, July 8, 2014
negative space manicure with orly la playa
ORLY La Playa in the shade

Today I have a negative space mani using ORLY La Playa and KBShimmer Happily Ever Aster. This is the BHB Nail Thread Challenge for the current week. I love how it came out, it was so easy to do.


Happily Ever Aster by KBShimmer in the shade.
ORLY La Playa in the sunlight
ORLY La Playa in the sunlight
ORLY La Playa is a beautifully opaque in one coat navy blue creme. Everything but my pinky has one coat, pinky has 2. The formula is buttery and almost perfect, I just have one complaint. It's a cuticle stainer. It didn't stain my nails at least blue but cleaning up my cuticles and fingers was hard, it took lots of pure acetone to get rid of the blue tint. I still have some blue around my cuticles that I can't get out.

KB Shimmer Happily Ever Aster in a negative space mani
KBShimmer Happily Ever Aster
Happily Ever Aster is my 1st KBShimmer purchase and I love it. Look at it! It's my blog colors! It's a glitter topper composed of purple, lilac, blue, turquoise hexes in multiple sizes. My index finger is one coat and for the middle and ring fingers I had to swipe the brush on the side of the bottle to get less glitters. Just gorgeous, I love the purple/teal combo so much.


To create the negative space look I just put on my base (Orly Nail Defense) and a light coat of Happily Ever Aster. Then I used a dotting tool to create the flowers. I created the chevron pattern with the Mini Chevron set from Glam my Mani.

Negative Space nail art with KB Shimmer Happily Ever Aster

That's all for today! Thanks for reading!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature