Top Social

Princess Luna Inspired Nails

Saturday, July 12, 2014
Better late than never! Here's my contribution for Life in Lacquer July prompt for Thursday July 10th using Luna Madness from Arcane Lacquer and OPI Can't Let Go.

my-little-pony-princess-luna-nails


The theme is Inspired by TV or Film. I chose Princess Luna from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. If you haven't seen this show because you don't have kids and think it's frou-frou or girly, then you're missing out on a great cartoon. 

Princess Luna is one of my favorite characters from the show, she's one of the rulers of the land of Equestria where the ponies live and is in charge of raising and lowering the moon. She can also manipulate the weather and dreams. She has a dark side to her and I think is one of the most complex cartoon characters I've seen, she struggles with jealousy in the beginning and later on with fitting in. Anyways, she's dark blue and her mane is a shimmery mix of blues and purples like the night sky. Her cutie mark is a moon on a black background.





Now, the reason why it took me so long to get this post up is because I kept having issues with my idea. It was one long list of fails. I attempted to free hand her cutie mark on one nail and to add moons and other stuff. My bottle of Luna Madness actually fell on the floor and broke. It's been transferred to a new home into an old bottle of Essie top coat. I was about to give up when I decided to just keep it simple.


 I decided to go with something inspired by instead of a literal interpretation. I decided to focus her fur and mane colors. I knew I had to use Arcane Lacquer Luna Madness, as soon as I saw this online it reminded me of her. The other color is OPI Liquid Sands Can't Let Go. One of my versions included ORLY La Playa but...remember...keep it simple, so I decided against it. 

opi-liquid-sand-purple

Can't Let Go is a purple textured matte polish with flecks of silver. It's very pretty and one of the few textured polishes I can stand. You can top coat it, as seen in my ring finger. Opaque in 2 coats.

princess-luna-nails-opi-arcane-lacquer

Luna Madness is a black jelly with blue and magenta glitters throughout. I had a lot of trouble photographing it's depth and squishyness. It looks on the nails like it does in this shot of the bottle. Reminds me of the night sky. I have 3 coats over a black base. 

luna-madness-arcane-lacquer

So, what do you guys think?

4 comments on "Princess Luna Inspired Nails"
  1. Ah so freaking pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the polishes you chose to put together. They work so well! Gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature