Top Social

Breaking the Biting Habit - July

Thursday, July 24, 2014

I have a Breaking the Biting Habit update for you guys today. I meant to do these every few weeks but it looks like for now it'll be a monthly feature. As you can see I took pictures every week, since I kept meaning to make the posts but life got in the way.


Ok so first, July 4.

Left Hand
Right Hand
 I had a few breaks along the sides of my nails that week along with a large break on the index finger of my right hand. So I filed them into a more oval shape to see if it would help and tried to make them as even as possible.

July 8

Left Hand

Right Hand

I had been doing a little better until I bit of my thumbnail on my left hand and over picked at the cuticles due some anxiety issues. On my right hand I also bit what little had grown on my index finger, the sides of the middle finger and that awful hangnail on my thumb.

July 20



Ah progress! My ring finger on the left hand is stained blue because of some nail art but I was going to cover it up so I didn't bother too much with it. Nail shape is back to squoval which is my preferred shape. Index finger on right hand still isn't growing much but I had not bitten them at all.


July 24



This is today, totally naked nails. No cuticle oil or moisturizing lotion, no base coat. (Why? because I intended to do some nail art as soon as I was done writing this and didn't want to put on any oils for the pics that I would then have to remove again before painting, not that it mattered since the Squish woke up from his nap and now...hours later after I started typing my nails are still naked.)

My left hand is doing great except for a break in my middle finger last night which led to me attempting to file it and ended up with the nail looking wonky. I also have a break in the ring finger of my right hand. That's always been my issue once they reach a certain length, they start breaking along the sides. Hmmm... I just noticed I have some weird brownish specks on my right hand in that picture, I have no idea what it is.


Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover
Vaseline Essential Healing

Anyways...products I've been using are the same. ORLY Nail Defense as base coat, Essie Apricot cuticle oil, Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover and Vaseline Intensive Care Essential Healing lotion. Order I go is 1. Cuticle Remover and gently push back with an orangewood stick. 2. File nails with my crystal nail file from Sephora. 3. Base coat (ORLY Nail Defense) 4. Polish or whatever I'm doing. 5. Cuticle Oil. 6. Rub lotion obsessively on hands, elbows and cuticles at all times throughout the day. As you can see in the pics, I have dry cuticles. I actually have eczema all over the place (and asthma and allergies, the 3 Musketeers lol) so I'm always trying out different creams and lotions. My mom recommended this one recently as she's going through chemo for breast cancer and it's really drying out her skin and she feels it's made a huge difference for her. I also use it for the kids eczema.

Whew! That was a long post. (Edited...I made a mistake, got my dates mixed up for Lacquer Legion.)
2 comments on "Breaking the Biting Habit - July"
  1. Lacquer Legion is monday, not tomorrow just as an fyi! :) Great post, so fun to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! I have my dates mixed up, I swore it was the 25th. I'll edit the post.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature