Top Social

Holo Splatter Nail Art

Saturday, November 14, 2015
holo-splatter-nails-cupcake-polish

I did some holo splatter nail art for a nail art challenge prompt a few weeks ago. I realized that while I love the challenge prompts for mani ideas, I can't ever manage to post on the day they are due. So you guys get to see them now. Check below for more pics and a tutorial.


holo-splatter-nails-orly-goth

holo-splatter-nails-macro

I started with a base of Orly Goth, a black creme with silver shimmer. Then I used the splatter nail art technique to blow blobs of holo polish onto my nails. It was extremely messy and I immediately regretted it. It did look super pretty though. The holos are most of the Cupcake Polish American Beauty collection.


Video Tutorial

After some thought, I went back and recorded the shortest tutorial in the world. I was having so many technical issues that all you get to see is my blowing the colors on. I also stopped recording after the 3rd color cause....you get the point. It's hard to record this type of tutorial with my current equipment so I didn't feel the need to go out of my way and re-invent the wheel. Sloppy Swatches has a great tutorial she did for her Blood Splatter Nails so feel free to check it out. For shiggles, the tutorial is below, I used Sally Hansen Black Out as the base for the recreation.



I actually won the Cupcakes in a giveaway and I purchased Orly Goth myself.

10 comments on "Holo Splatter Nail Art"
  1. That's great but I dont like the idea of splatter nails. It looks like waisting of polish to me. I really prefer to apply like that with sponge, the result is quite identical I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see so many holos in one mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splatter nails can be such a pain but the final result can be so much fun! You're turned out really great! I've only done this technique once and I don't know if I'll do it again because of the mess lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those holos together!! Great mani Nadia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all those holos together!! Great mani Nadia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love splatter nails and these do not disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cheerful. I haven't tried one yet because I can't handle messes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely going to have to try this out thanks to your video. I don't think I have ever done splatter nails before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Splatter nails are so fun! I hate the mess but love the result! And Holo! **)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look great! Haven't tried the splatter nails before! they look like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature