Top Social

MidWest Lacquer - For the Love of Greyskull Swatches and Review

Tuesday, November 24, 2015
MidWest-Lacquer-For-the-Love-of-Greyskull

Today I have swatches and a review of all the polishes in MidWest Lacquer's For The Love Of Greyskull collection, inspired by She-ra and He-man.

Princess of Power

Midwest-Lacquer-Princess-of-Power-swatch

Midwest-Lacquer-Princess-of-Power-Swatch-2

Midwest-Lacquer-Princess-of-Power-macro

Inspired by She-ra, it's described by the maker as a white crelly with gold and red metallic flakies, and gold shimmer. Swatches are 3 coats with topcoat. I found the formula to be a medium consistency, yet still easy to control. It stays where you put it and doesn't run. Dry to the touch in 15 minutes. I really liked this one.

Saucy Sorceress

Midwest-Lacquer-Saucy-Sorceress-swatch

Midwest-Lacquer-Saucy-Sorceress-swatch-2

Midwest-Lacquer-Saucy-Sorceress-macro


Inspired by The Sorceress. A sheer white jelly with blue and white microflakies, blue and purple iridescent microglitter. Swatch is 3 coats with topcoat. This one had a slightly thicker formula yet it's still easy to spread around the nail. Dry time was about 20 minutes.

I Surround Myself With Fools

Midwest-Lacquer-I-Surround-Myself-With-Fools-swatch

Midwest-Lacquer-I-Surround-Myself-With-Fools-swatch-2

Midwest-Lacquer-I-Surround-Myself-With-Fools-macro

Inspired by Skeletor, a light gray crelly with purple holo microglitter, purple and sapphire hex glitters, and black circle glitters. Swatch is 2 coats with topcoat. This polish had a smooth, even coverage with excellent glitter distribution. It self-leveled to a smooth finish and dried in about 10 minutes. This was one of my favorites, I need more gray polishes in my life.

They Call Me Battlecat

Midwest-Lacquer-They-Call-Me-Battlecat-swatch

Midwest-Lacquer-They-Call-Me-Battlecat-swatch-2

Midwest-Lacquer-They-Call-Me-Battlecat-macro

Inspired by Battle Cat. It's a green jelly with lime-gold flecks, and orange and green iridescent glitter. Swatch is 3 coats with topcoat. I found this one to also be a little thicker however the formula was easy to use and spread over the nail. Dry time was about 10 minutes.

I Have The Power

Midwest-Lacquer-I-Have-The-Power-swatch

Midwest-Lacquer-I-Have-The-Power-swatch-2

Midwest-Lacquer-I-Have-The-Power-macro

Inspired by He-man, a dark berry red jelly with gold glass flecks. Swatch is 3-4 coats with topcoat. I found this one to be really sheer, I added extra coats in some nails to ensure an even coverage. However, despite the sheerness, it has an easy to use jelly formula, not too thick or runny. This one is really stunning, you can see the flecks better in the macro. I had issues getting them to show up in the swatch pics.

I'm An Evil Hordak

Midwest-Lacquer-Im-An-Evil-Hordak-swatch

Midwest-Lacquer-Im-An-Evil-Hordak-swatch-2

Midwest-Lacquer-Im-An-Evil-Hordak-macro

Inspired by Hordak, a purple jelly with pink and purple holo microglitter, fucshia circle glitter, silver and teal holo circle glitter, and teal holo hex glitter. Swatch is 3 coats with topcoat. This polish is one of those shades of purples that's hard to photograph accurately. It look more blue than it really is in the swatches. The formula for this one is a little thicker due to all the glitter, the good news is that there's no fishing for larger glitters needed. I applied this one with the dab method, specifically I brushed on the 1st coat like normal, then dabbed a 2nd coat, then brushed on the 3rd coat. The formula self-leveled nicely, the glitters all laid flat and the polish dried to a smooth finish. Dry time was about 10 minutes. This one was my absolute favorite out of the entire collection. It's incredibly squishy and gorgeous.

The For the Love of Greyskull collection is available at www.midwestlacquer.com. The full size (15ml) bottles are $8.50, minis (8ml) are $5.25. The full size set is $45.00 and the mini set is $24.50. Follow them on Instagram and Facebook for more swatches and info.

I received these polishes for review as a part of the Nail Blogger Roundabout Program.


11 comments on "MidWest Lacquer - For the Love of Greyskull Swatches and Review"
  1. Nice to see so many jellies! I love the green one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Battlecat is my favorite, but they are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love most of these! Beautiful swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally geeking out over this collection!! LOL! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love princess of power..so unique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Princess of Power catches my eye every time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the variety of polishes in these collections!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just picked up I Have the Power in the sale today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all so pretty!! Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the nostalgic theme of this collection - I'm an Evil Hordak is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature