Top Social

Half and Half Nail Art

Wednesday, March 4, 2015
half-and-half-nail-art-l-hiver-ren-cos

Hi guys! Today I have a short post featuring some nail art done with colors from Renaissance Cosmetics and Sally Hansen. If you remember, I was working on the 31 Day Challenge back in January but I didn't have time to finish. Seeing as how it's now March, I don't have plans to even attempt to finish. I am however using the prompts as ideas for nail art but I won't label them as part of the challenge. I still have a few manis I did when I was trying to work on the challenge so I'll be sharing those in the next few days.

This was originally for the half and half prompt. The base is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Sand Storm. I painted half of my nails in a diagonal with L'Hiver by Renaissance Cosmetics. Then I used a stripping brush to add a fine stripe of Sand Storm over part of L'Hiver and finished with some dots using a dotting tool.

half-and-half-nail-art-l-hiver-ren-cos-macro

Sand Storm is just like most of the Insta Dri polishes, opaque in 1 coat and dries quickly. The polish I want to write about however, is L'Hiver from Renaissance Cosmetics. If you haven't heard of this brand yet, let me fill you in. It was created by Meghan of Will Paint Nails For Food and it is amazing! L'Hiver is from an older collection based on the 4 seasons. It's light blue creme base with golden shimmer and small gold, blue, white, and pink glitter. I got full coverage in 2 coat. I love this polish's formula, thick enough so that it stays where you put it and doesn't flood your cuticles but also thin enough so that it's easy to control. It's also quick drying. I have several polishes from Renaissance Cosmetics and I love all of them, so be on the lookout for more.

L'Hiver is currently out of stock but you can head on over to www.renaissancecosmetics.com to see what's available. You can follow Renaissance Cosmetics on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.

Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest!

21 comments on "Half and Half Nail Art"
  1. Wow! L'Hiver is beautiful! I love the look you did here. It is so pretty and delicate. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is subtle but lovely!! L'Hiver is super pretty and would look amazing as a base for so many different manis too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft and feminine. Perfect for spring. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this nail art, and I love that this is delicate, using soft colors. Sometimes I want nail art, but I don't want it to scream NAIL ART! This type of mani would be perfect for when I'm feeling like some subtle nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect for spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those colors together are stunning! Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely combo, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So charming and delicate, these look like ones I would be loathe to remove

    ReplyDelete
  9. So charming and delicate, these look like ones I would be loathe to remove

    ReplyDelete
  10. Subtle but really sophisticated!
    Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really classy looking. I love how L'Hiver looks on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a pretty blue polish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely shades. I liked the color combo you chose, its very unusual. Like it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that blue polish

    ReplyDelete
  15. L' Hiver is gorgeous and your nail art is so complimentary :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous3/06/2015

    What a gorgeous manicure! L'Hiver is stunning and I love the addition of the nude polish as nail art!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gotta get L'Hiver! It goes really well with the neutral. Pretty nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow!!! This design is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woof! L'Hiver is gorgeous, and I love the pastel blue/nude color combo! I love the overall look, the stripes and dots work really well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This turned out so pretty Nadia!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature