Top Social

Black Lace Stamping over Knockout Lacquer It's All Over

Wednesday, March 11, 2015
black-stamping-red-base-nail-art

Hmmm, that's like a really long title isn't it? I admit that titles and coming up with names isn't my strong suit. Anyway, it's been quite here and I feel like giving you guys an explanation of why I've only been posting about twice a week. But since I know most of you are here primarily to look at pretty nails, I'll save it for the end. Today I have another one of those 31 Day Challenge manis that I didn't get to post. (See, I told you guys I had several just waiting to be posted...) The prompt for this one was red base. I chose It's all Over from Knockout Lacquer.


knockout-lacquer-its-all-over-red-holo-swatch

If you follow me on Instagram, then you've actually seen this polish already (here), expect that it was taken quickly with my cell phone. That shot was actually reposted by indieswatch and I was so embarrassed since I had this pretty one just sitting in my hard drive waiting to be edited/uploaded. I want to quickly talk about KO Lacquer because it's definitely one of those underrated indie brands. This polish is just beautiful, it's practically a one coater and full of scattered holographic glitter. It's dazzling in the sunlight. It dries fast but slightly textured from all the glitter, but one coat of topcoat smooths it our really easily. Oh and did you see the adorable little boxing glove charm? I used to do kickboxing in college and still have my gear so I loved it. It doesn't get in the way when you're using the bottle either.

wet-n-wild-black-creme-stamping-red-base-moyou-bridal

I used my favorite stamping black, Wet n Wild Black Creme to stamp an image from the MoYou London Bridal 06 plate. It's a lace flower design but since my nails are short and the image is much larger, it almost looks like an arabesque pattern of sorts instead, at least to me.

black-red-base-moyou-bridal-macro

Here's a little macro! And in case you're wondering, I topcoated this with High Gloss from Bettina Cosmetics for that ultra glossy finish.

And now, the explanation I promised earlier. Back in January I mentioned about great changes that would be happening to my family and how we might be moving to Florida sometime. Well, it's now a certainty, my hubs got a job there. Moving an entire family "overseas" (cause we live in an island, not cause it's international...get it?) is rather complicated and expensive. We have to break it down into steps, partly because there's a lot of stuff to move and it takes a few weeks to arrive (everything has to go by boat) and also because my oldest has to finish school. We've spent many nights the past few weeks talking, analyzing, budgeting, and making spreadsheets as we try to figure out the logistics. It's a stressful and emotional situation for us, it's especially scary for me because I've never actually lived in the States, just vacationed a lot, plus I'm upset over the friends and family I have to leave behind.

Many nights I find myself to worn out to blog or paint my nails and while I would love to increase the amount of posts I do to at least 3 times a week or more, I don't think I'll have the time until after we've moved and settled down. However, I will continue to blog as this is a really important form of therapy for me and it gives me something to focus on when I'm feeling anxious. If you want to keep up to date with me remember that you can always follow the blog on Facebook and on Instagram where I post more often. I also have a personal IG account (@nadiavelez) where I'm documenting the experience. It's private but if I recognize you as a follower I'll approve you. That's the account where I also share pics of the kids and other random stuff that's not necessarily nail related.

So, I hope you guys continue to support this obsession, I mean hobby, of mine. I had hoped to have a giveaway for my 1 year blogaversary in May but it might have to be postponed (or maybe not, I already know what I'm giving away), we'll see.

Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest!


19 comments on "Black Lace Stamping over Knockout Lacquer It's All Over"
  1. The KO polish is stunning!! I really like the finished look of your mani. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodluck with your move!!! This manicure is SO STINKING pretty <<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding out about underrated indies! Don't worry about blogging while you are moving and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That red is gorgeous! And the stamping is perfect. Good luck with everything <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this polish too! So pretty! And good luck with your new adventures!!! I've moved around a lot so I know the stresses it causes. You got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that color, and the stamping is simply perfect.

    Best of luck with your move, they are definitely no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That really is exciting and scary! I wonder how different it will feel to live on the continent. All the logistics sound overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stamping is magnificent. Wishing you lots of luck. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there with the move. I had to do that from Ks to NY and it was tough. It's alot of stuff happening all at once, but give it some time and I think you'll like it.

    Also....I LOVE squishy reds filled with sparkly goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope things settle down for you quickly! I can't imagine how stressful it is, especially with kids!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the move! This mani really is stunning though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really eye catching look, I love the look of the scattered holo and definitely need to look up the brand. Having been through numerous moves I can totally sympathize, hope everything goes smoothly and quickly <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really hope your move goes well! Moving is so stressful, but you'll get through it! The polish and mani are beautiful, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a beautiful red like this, it's gorgeous! Good luck with the move, it's such a huge step I'm sure it's stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that red, and the stamping compliments it! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. And good luck with the move dear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful stamping! Can't go wrong with red and black. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous3/18/2015

    This is beautiful!! That KO is just amazing and I love that image you used!!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature