Top Social

Pretty & Polished - Humble Beginnings Review (partial)

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Hi guys! Today I have 3 of the 6 polishes that are being re-released along with Pretty & Polished Spring 2015 Collection, known as the "Humble Beginnings". I received Swing, Sand Art, and Elvis' Pink Cadillac to review and I got to tell you that they are amazing! These polishes came out way before I started buying indies so I'm really happy to see them return. On to the swatches!

 Swing

pretty-polished-swing-swatch

swing-pretty-and-polished-swatch

swing-pretty-polished-macro

Swing originally came out in 2011 and it's a red jelly with black and white glitters. This jelly is luscious, it's so squishy. Swatches are 3 coats but you can easily get away with just two, or maybe even one on a red base. It's so full of glitters that there's no fishing needed, not even for the the large white hexes. I actually had to wipe off the excess glitters because there's so many of them. The formula gorgeously self-levels as well so it's easy to apply with the dab technique. In case you don't know what that is, it's my go-to for glitter polishes. There's several videos on YouTube, just Google for "how to apply chunky glitters". I used one coat of Gelous to seal it all in.

Sand Art

pretty-polished-sand-art-swatch

sand-art-pretty-polished-swatch

sand-art-pretty-polished-macro

Sand Art came out in 2012 and it was one of the first full coverage microglitters in the indie nail polish world. The beauty of this one is that it can be worn as a topper or built up to opacity on it's own. Sand Art is full of various sizes of purple, pink, blue, and green hex glitters in a clear base. Swatches are 2 coats over a nude base (Bettina French 2). I love Sand Art! It's my favorite, so sparkly, and glittery, and easy to apply. It's got so much glitter that all I needed was two coats to get this much coverage. I sealed it in with a coat of Gelous so it would feel smooth, otherwise it'll be textured from all the glitter.

Elvis' Pink Cadillac

pretty-polished-elvis-pink-cadillac-swatch

elvis-pink-cadillac-pretty-polished-swatch

elvis-pink-cadillac-pretty-polished-macro

Elvis' Pink Cadillac originally came out in 2011. It's a pink crelly with black hex glitter of various sizes. Swatches are just 2 coats. Just like Swing, this is full of glitter! I also dabbed it on and sealed it with one coat of Gelous to smooth it all. Some of the largest glitters where stuck to the side of the bottle but I had no issues getting any of them to come out, no fishing needed. I also had to wipe of excess glitter cause it was too much for my short and narrow nails.

Both Swing and Elvis' Pink Cadillac dry relatively quickly to a shiny finish on their own. I added topcoat so they wouldn't be bumpy from all the glitter. Overall I loved all of them. These polishes have the new 5-Free formula for Pretty & Polished (some of the bottles still say 3 free) and it's excellent, really smooth and easy to control. Cuticle clean-up was really easy even with all the glitters. I recommend a peel off base coat when using these, when I was done swatching all I had to was peel them off and not worry about damaging my nails.

I got these polishes to swatch and review but you can get your own at www.shopprettyandpolished.com for $8.50. These are limited edition polishes and once they sell out they won't be restocked.

Remember to follow Pretty and Polished on Facebook and Instagram to see all the swatches and reviews from the different bloggers.

Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest!
19 comments on "Pretty & Polished - Humble Beginnings Review (partial)"
  1. I've never seen these before! Sand Art is wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got all of these when they came out! I stalked a crazy Etsy restock for Sand Art and was so chuffed when I got it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sand Art is my favorite out of these three. I love the color combination of glitter in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elvis' pink Cadillac is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous swatches, as always. My favorite is Swing and Elvis' Pink Cadillac.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elvis' Pink Cadillac is super pretty! I love the soft pink with black glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sand art is my fave with Elvis' Pink Cadillac a close second. These all came out before I started so it's fun to see some older indie polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. EPC is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this brand! I NEeD Sand Art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These all look wonderful on you! I am trying to decide how I feel about the first one - Pink Cadillac is a classic though :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all great, but I LOVE Sand Art! It looks exactly like its inspiration, and it seriously brings me back to my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore Sand Art! I definitely need to track this one down! Reminds me of some of the China Glaze neon glitters coming out but this is way better

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sand art is pretty. Nice review

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sand art is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous3/23/2015

    Your swatches of all are are perfect but I especially love Sand Art!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your macros! Swing is my favorite, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are cute! Nice write up and information about the polish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Swing is my favorite! So bright and squishy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature