Top Social

Neon Holographic Stamping

Thursday, November 6, 2014
neon-holographic-stamping-konad-nail-art



Hi guys, lately I've been feeling...well to be honest, somewhat depressed. I hate being a Debbie Downer so I won't bring you all down with details but it's definitely impacted my blogging and nail art lately. One thing that's been happening is that I haven't had as much time to post. This whole nail art and blogging thing is a form of therapy for me, so when I can't do it as often as I'd like, I get upset. And when I get upset, I like sparkly, rainbowy, colorful nails to cheer me up, even if it's just for a moment. Since I've always seen nail art as therapy, I like to use the colors not necessarily to express my mood, but to alter it when I'm upset. So without further ado, I bring you some bright neon, holographic, stamped nails!

More pics, plus a small how to, after the break!

orly-hot-tropics-baked-collection-stamping-nail-art
Orly Hot Tropics

neon-glitter-holographic-stamping-orly-ablaze
Orly Ablaze

For these nails I used Orly Hot Tropics and Ablaze from the Baked collection, stamped with Konad Plate M51 and Color Club Harp On It. Hot Tropics is a bright neon purple with gold shimmer and Ablaze is a neon red-orange with gold shimmer. These colors are super pigmented and great for nail art.

products-used-neon-holo-stamping-konad

watercolor-nail-art-base

My base for these is inspired by Jade from Life in Lacquer's Watercolour Nail Art technique. Go check our her post because she has a video showing how it's done. Here's how I did it:
  1. Put on your base coat and 1 coat of the purple polish.
  2. Once it's dry, take a piece of makeup sponge and paint random drops of both colors on it.
  3. Then take the sponge and apply to nail.
  4. Repeat steps 2-3 until you have your desired effect.
That's it! It's really easy. Top coat it and then proceed to stamping.

harp-on-it-color-club-holographic-stamping-sunlight
Color Club Harp On It

For my stamping I used Color Club Harp On It and Konad Plate m51 with my Messy Mansion med-soft stamper. Harp On It is a silver linear holographic polish that's perfect for stamping sparkly rainbows!

close-up-pink-orange-konad-stamping

close-up-harp-on-it-stamped-sunlight

Indoors it looks like a pretty silver, but in the sunlight it turns into sparkly rainbow goodness!

holographic-pink-orange-neon-stamping-konad
Sunlight

So sparkly, I spent all day starring at it.

As a bonus, here's what happened when I was trying to take the pics, my Squish photobombed. (He wanted me to put shoes on him).


Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebook, and Instagram!


2 comments on "Neon Holographic Stamping"
  1. I myself love doing nail arts. Simple one coat, one color nail paint looks boring. So why not add some creativity to it? I loved your designs. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature