Top Social

Winter Wishes Stamping and Review

Saturday, November 8, 2014
paintshoppolish-winter-2014-collage


Hi guys! For today's Simple Swatch Saturday I have swatches and a review of part of Paint Shop Polish's new Winter 2014 collection. I have two of the new glitters Stuff My Stocking and Snow Mouse 2.0. I owe you a third polish, a very pretty blue, scattered holo called Winter Wishes because it's been cloudy and rainy all week so I couldn't capture it well on camera. I will hopefully have swatches and nail art with that one next week. Read on after the break for more pictures and the review!

Paint Shop Polish Stuff My Stocking is a clear glitter topper with holo red bows and gold, green and red glitters in various sizes. I love these glitters, they are so Christmas-sy!

paint-shop-polish-stuff-my-stocking-holiday-glitter-swatch


The formula is excellent and super easy to apply. I did 2 coats over white for the pictures. There's a great distribution of glitters in the base and you get a ton of glitters with every brush stroke. The only exception is the red bows, mini bottles are notoriously difficult when it comes to getting bigger glitter pieces out, so those are the only ones I had to fish for.

paint-shop-polish-stuff-my-stocking-glitter-swatch

You don't want to apply it like regular polish though, or you'll just end up brushing most of it off. The way I apply it is to press my brush down flat against the nail on one side, then grab some more glitter and press again, then I use the brush tip to distribute it how I want.


paint-shop-polish-snow-mouse-2-swatch

Next up is Snow Mouse 2.0. This is the 2nd version of Paint Shop Polish very popular Snow Mouse from last year, this version has white Mickey glitters and snowflakes, with smaller white hex and bar glitters in a clear base.

paint-shop-polish-snow-mouse-2-holiday-glitter

paint-shop-polish-sno-mouse-2-close-up

As you can see in the close-up above, the Mickey and snowflake glitters tend to stick to the bottom of the bottle because they are so heavy and large. It's not a deal breaker in any way though, since these glitters are larger, it's better to place them were you want on your nail. I gave my bottle a good shake and then turned it upside down when I needed some big glitters. The smaller hex glitters are easy to get.

paint-shop-polish-snow-mouse-2-winter-2014-swatch-review

For this look, I painted my nails with one coat of Essie Lollipop and then added the glitters on top. Add topcoat for a glossy look and to hold them in place better. Even though these are large, they did not stick up at all, or curled up. We are huge Mickey Mouse fans in my house (anything Disney really) so I love these and will be using them all season long.

Candi, the creator and owner of Paint Shop Polish sent me these for review. These polishes are 5-free and cruelty free. You can get your own at her Etsy shop Paint Shop Polish for $5.50 for the mini 5ml or $10 for the full size 15ml bottle.

Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at Bloglovin, Facebook, and Instagram!

1 comment on "Winter Wishes Stamping and Review"
  1. Winter is the year's best season.I really love the white winds when they blow.There are really beautiful memories around the winter.Thank you very much for sharing.Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature