Top Social

Winter Wishes Stamping and Review

Friday, November 14, 2014


Hi guys! Today I have the last polish from Paint Shop Polish to show you. The sun finally came out and I was able to grab some good shots. This is Winter Wishes, a dark sorta silvery blue with a slight purple-ness to it, I'd accurately describe it as a dark periwinkle with scattered holographic shimmer. I've got more swatches and some winter stamping I did with Winter Wishes as my base after the break!


 
Winter Wishes is so pretty! This is probably my favorite of the 3 that Candi sent me to review. Like I said above, I'd call this a dark periwinkle. It's a silvery blue with hints of purple in the base color. If you compare the two pictures above, you can see how it can look either like a silvery blue or (by slightly changing the angle) how it has some purply undertones to it. No? Maybe it's just me. Either way, I love it.

The formula in this one is excellent, it starts sheer but it builds up to opacity nicely in 3 coats. The application is smooth and easy, I barely had to do any clean-up, it was so easy to control, just wonderful. The scattered holographic shimmer looks sliver indoors so I took all of my pictures outside in the sun or shade to really show it off. Some of the sunlight shots are a little bit blurry, because those where the ones that showed off the sparkle the best.

winter-wishes-paint-shop-polish-snowflake-stamping-sunlight.

I knew this color would be perfect for some winter themed nail art so the next day I stamped on top with MoYou London Festive 01 and Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl.

winter-wishes-paint-shop-polish-snowflake-stamping-moyou-london

This is how it looks in the shade, the holo shimmer looks silver but it shows off the stamping better.

Paint-Shop-Polish-Winter-Wishes-stamping-close-up

winter-wishes-snowflake-stamping-close-up-sunlight

I love the sparkle! On a funny note, I've never seen snow in real life, just pictures and tv. ( I don't think that slush on the side of the road that time I went to visit my then boyfriend/now husband at UConn in April counts). I live in the tropics and as you can tell, my grass in the background is a super bright green from all of last week's rain but having such a pretty sparkly winter color really puts me in a holiday mood.

Winter Wishes is part of Paint Shop Polish Winter 2014 collection and is available now for purchase. Candi sent me a sample mini bottle to review but you can get one for yourself for just $4.50 or the full size 15ml for $10.00 at her Etsy shop here.

Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebook, and Instagram!


2 comments on "Winter Wishes Stamping and Review"

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature