Top Social

Bellaluna Cosmetics Fall 2015 Swatches and Review

Wednesday, September 9, 2015
Bellaluna-Cosmetics-Fall-Collection-Swatches-Review

Hi guys! I didn't have a post last week but I'm making it up this week with a bunch of stuff! I have swatches and a review of the complete fall collection from Bellaluna Cosmetics, as well as video swatches. My next few posts will feature nail art and video tutorials using these gorgeous polishes. On to the swatches!

Let's talk about the formula first. This collection is very different from her previous ones. With the exception of one, the polishes are very pigmented and opaque, swatches are 2 coats with topcoat. I had 0 application issues, they were all a dream to work with and dried in about 10 minutes. I played around as soon as I got them and I discovered that they are also good for water marbling and stamping. I've included an accent nail with nail art done with the polishes. Scroll all the way down if you want to see the video swatches.

Autumn Woodlands

bellaluna-autumn-woodlands-swatch

bellaluna-autumn-woodlands-macro

Autumn Woodlands is a pumpkin colored yellow which can be orange leaning in certain lights/skintones. It has gorgeous iridescent gold flakes. Swatch is 2 coats with topcoat.

Spanish Moss

bellaluna-spanish-moss-swatch

bellaluna-spanish-moss-macro

Spanish Moss is an olive green creme with golden shimmer. Swatch is 2 coats with topcoat. This one photographed slightly gray for me but it is a dusty olive green. If you check out the swatch video below you can see the actual color.

Near Dark

bellaluna-near-dark-swatch

bellaluna-near-dark-macro

Near Dark is a slightly blue leaning gray with silver micro flakes. Swatch is 2 coats with topcoat. This one is not featured in the swatch video because of technical difficulties but the application is just like Spanish Moss.

Frosted Eggplant

bellaluna-frosted-eggplant-swatch

bellaluna-frosted-eggplant-swatch

*My bottle was mislabeled as Sparkling Cranberry* Frosted Eggplant is a purple based jelly with iridescent flakes that shift between blue and violet. Swatches are 3 thin coats, with topcoat. This polish dried to a demi-matte, smooth finish before topcoat. This one was also not in the video due to technical issues.

Sparkling Cranberry

bellaluna-sparkling-cranberry-swatch

bellaluna-sparkling-cranberry-macro

*My bottle is mislabeled as Frosted Cranberry* Sparkling Cranberry is a gorgeous cranberry red with iridescent white, gold and red flakes, red shimmer, and a subtle holographic sparkle. The formula for this one is amazing! This one is extremely pigmented and buttery, with a glowing quality to it. Swatch is 2 coats with topcoat.

Here is a video swatch of 3 of the colors, I actually recorded all of them as I swatched but had technical difficulties during editing. I think this is the best way for you guys to see how the polish actually applies.



Overall I think this collection is a great one! The formulas are all really good quality, easy to use. Not too thick so that it's hard to spread and not so thin that it floods your cuticles. One of the things that I loved most is how versatile I found them to be. If you noticed in the Spanish Moss and Autumn Woodlands swatches, the accent nail is a water marble with those two colors. I tested out those two and Near Dark, which required a little jiggling of the cup to get it to spread well but it does still work. I only tested those 3 since I didn't want to waste the minis of the other two colors.

The biggest surprise I had with these is that...they stamp!

bellaluna-cosmetics-fall-stamping-polish

I used the squishy silicone xl stamper from Bundle Monster and MoYou London Pro 08 to test. The only one that was too thin to stamp with was Frosted Eggplant, since it's a jelly. It does pick up well, you just won't see much of it unless it's over white.

I purchased some of these polishes with a blogger discount, while others were provided as samples with the purpose of reviewing. You can find the them at http://bellalunacosmetics.storenvy.com, $9.50 for a full size 15ml bottle or $47.50 for the 5 piece collection.

7 comments on "Bellaluna Cosmetics Fall 2015 Swatches and Review"
  1. Super pretty!! Frosted cranberry looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have expected them to stamp! What a versatile collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these on you and I'm super excited to hear they stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review!!! So cool that they stamp and wm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frosted Eggplant looks so georgous ! Lovely swatches as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9/13/2015

    What a pretty collection and I LOVE your accent nail with Near Dark!!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature