Top Social

Born Pretty Store Review - Floral Water Decals

Wednesday, June 10, 2015
floral-water-decals-born-pretty-store-nail-art

Hi guys! Today I have a nail art look I created with a floral water decal item 17639 decal XF1273 design that I received from Born Pretty Store for review. For my base I used Pretty and Polished Travelin' Down Dusty Rose, a dusty pink with soft, holographic sparkle. Born Pretty Store offers a large variety of nail art items at great prices and worldwide shipping. This is the third item I'm reviewing out of the four I received.

First off, I really love the base I used for this so I wanted to share a couple of swatches.

travelin-down-dusty-rose-pretty-and-polished-swatch

Pretty-and-polished-travelin-down-dusty-rose-swatch

To create this very simple but elegant floral nail art design, I started with 3 very thin coats of Travelin' Down Dusty Rose. I love the subtle holo shimmer in this polish, it's very soft and lovely. Pretty and Polished has an excellent 5 free formula, it's very easy to control, not to thin or too thick, and it dries to the touch in about 20 minutes, faster if you use a fast dry topcoat. I used 3 coats to ensure a perfectly even coverage for photos but the average person can get away with just 2. I wore this as a regular manicure and only used 2 coats in my cindy hand.


Up next I took some decals, I used these from Born Pretty Store, item 17639 decal XF1273. They have a one stroke flower pattern, I think they are peonies but I'm not 100% sure.


To use them, remove them from the package and cut out the image you want, then remove the plastic covering and soak the decal in water for about 30 seconds. Remove from the water and then simply slide the decal from the paper backing with your fingertip. Make sure your nail polish base coat is dry, wet the surface with a bit of water and place your decal on top. These decals are really sturdy, as long as you keep the nail surface wet with water you can reposition them as needed. I found the design to actually be too small for my nails once I placed them, so I cut them in half and then re-placed them.

born-pretty-store-water-decal-nail-art-swift-sparkle-top-coat

Once you're happy with the placement of the decals, add a quick dry topcoat to seal and protect the design. I used Swift Sparkle Topcoat from Pretty and Polished, a glossy, quick dry, 5 free topcoat.

floral-water-decal-xf1273-macro


If you'd like to order these or other items please use my code PZL91 for 10% off your order! (Code isn't valid on sale items.) I was sent this item for review, but you can get your own here.

I purchased Travelin' Down Dusty Rose and Swift Sparkle Topcoat at www.shopprettyandpolished.com.

Follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest!

14 comments on "Born Pretty Store Review - Floral Water Decals"
  1. Nude pinks are my favorite. Loving this color on you. Not a fan of the water decals though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers look awesome on your base polish! You have the best way of pairing awesome things together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cute! BPS decals are always great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought those waterdecals, I really love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the base color that you used! Goes beautifully with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! One of these days I will try some water decals, I keep buying them and never using them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love the water decals from BPS, so easy to use and they look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this manicure! The base color is so pretty and the decals compliment it really well. Super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really pretty and I love the polish you chose to pair them with! I had completely forgotten that I ordered some decals from Born Pretty a few weeks ago that I need to take a look at, and your post totally makes me want to run give them a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You picked the perfect base for these decals! Beautiful work, Nadia!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an elegant mani!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty. I love their water decals

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6/17/2015

    Travelin' Down Dusty Rose is one of my most favorite holos and I love the addition of the decals. It seems the two were made for each other!! So pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature