Top Social

Bellaluna Cosmetics - Bohemian Collection

Monday, June 15, 2015
Bellaluna-Cosmetics-Bohemian-Collection-swatch-review

Hello lovely readers, today I have swatches and a review of the Bohemian Collection from Bellaluna Cosmetics. This collection consists of 2 cremes with shimmer, one shimmer jelly, one full coverage microglitter, and a holo flakie topcoat.


I used Pretty and Polished Swift Sparkle topcoat on all the swatches. I found each polish to have a slightly different formula so you can find all that info under each individual swatch.

Wanderlust

bellaluna-cosmetics-wanderlust-swatch

bellaluna-wanderlust-macro

Wanderlust is a light blue, slightly aqua leaning creme with blue flakie shimmer. Out of all the polishes, this is the one that had the trickiest formula for me, and was also the hardest to capture currently (the fact that my camera refused to focus, and I had to borrow another one, also didn't help). Due to the camera issues, I ended up swatching this color twice. In the first attempt, I did 3 thin coats. In the second, I found that 2 coats, one very thin one and a second thicker one, worked the best. The thin coats seemed patchy, but the thicker coat flowed smoothly and self leveled. It was dry to the touch in about 20 minutes with topcoat.

I struggled to capture the pretty shimmer this had, and attempted all sorts of lighting situations that failed. I really miss my lightbox and lights right now. But trust me, it's there and it's gorgeous.

Gypsy

bellaluna-cosmetics-gypsy-swatch

bellaluna-gypsy-macro

Gypsy is a purple leaning pink creme with golden shimmer and subtle holographic sparkle. Swatch is two coats with topcoat. This polish was wonderful to work with, easy to control, self leveled, and it dried to the touch in about 15 minutes. I love the subtle holo effect and the golden shimmer, I'd love to see more polishes with this type of shimmery finish.

Sunset In Paradise

bellaluna-sunset-in-paradise

bellaluna-sunset-macro

Sunset In Paradise is a slightly reddish orange jelly with orange sparkle and a hint of silver holo. In my opinion, this is one the best polishes in the collection. Swatch is 3 thin coats with topcoat, being a jelly, it needed an extra coat. Formula was a dream to work with, it also self leveled, and it dried quickly, about 10 minutes with topcoat.

Metanoia

bellaluna-metanoia-swatch

bellaluna-metanoia-macro

Metanoia has teal and purple metallic flakes in a holographic base. Swatch is 1 coat over Wanderlust with topcoat. This polish comes in a slightly thicker suspension base, which is good, because you need it or else all the flakes will sink to the bottom. I applied this using the dab method of applying chunky glitters, even thought it's not that chunky. This is how I apply all of my glitter polishes in the heavier base and I feel I achieve a better and more even application this way. Some of the flakes stuck out just a bit so I added a quick dry topcoat to smooth them back down.

This is another one of my favorite polishes in this collection, I love the holographic base and flakie combo. It's even more sparkly in the sun but the camera issues mentioned above prevented me from getting a good shot.

Wild Child

bellaluna-wild-child-swatch

bellaluna-wild-child-macro

I saved the best for last (in my opinion). I love this color and I wished I had gotten the full size. Wild Child is purple based microglitter polish full of copper, pink, silver, gold, and blue glitter in different sizes. It was opaque in 3 coats and it dries to a slight textured finish that reminded me of the OPI Liquid Sand polishes. Swatches are with one coat of topcoat to smooth it all out. I wore this polish for almost 3 days, with barely a chip. That's the longest I ever go without changing my polish. I actually wore it as a topcoat on my cindy hand, on top of a purple base, because I didn't want to waste the mini. I like that it can be worn both ways, on it's own or over another color for an interesting look.

I was purchased these polishes with a blogger discount in exchange of an honest review and swatches. These polishes are available at Bellaluna Cosmetics.The entire full size 15mL collection is available for $34.50, individual polishes are $7.50. Mini 5ml bottles are available at $15.50 for the whole collection, or $3.75 for the individual bottles.

Follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest!


16 comments on "Bellaluna Cosmetics - Bohemian Collection"
  1. Wild Child is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved this collection too. Sunset in Paradise is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gypsy and wild child are my fav here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Wild Child too, but Sunset in Paradise has my top spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous swatches Nadia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wild Child looks great on you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that Sunset In Paradise is the best in this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wild Child is definitely the best one from the bunch, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BellaLuna shades are EVERYTHING. She does such a great job! Perfect swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty Shades, I loved Wild Child most.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great swatches! Wild Child and the flakie are my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wanderlust is amazing! Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful swatches and beautiful collection! Wanderlust is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wanderlust is a real standout for me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sunset in Paradise...sigh...Wild Child...Ow baybeh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty Swatches. I picked up a mini of Metanoia

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature