Top Social

Beach Manicure with Reverie Nail Lacquer Seascape

Monday, August 18, 2014
reverie-nail-lacquer-seascape-beach-nail-art
Reverie Nail Lacquer Seascape

Today's Mani Monday Nail Art look is beach themed! Featuring colors from Reverie Nail Lacquer (Seascape), Essie (Cocktails and Coconuts, I'm Addicted), Sally Hansen (Please Sea Me, White On), and CG Fairy Dust. I know summer is almost over but in my defense I made these about a month ago.


seascape-reverie-nail-lacquer-swatch

On my thumb, index, and pinky I wore Reverie Nail Lacquer's Seascape. This is a cream colored polish with aqua, blue, and yellow, and peach glitters and soft gold shimmer in a crelly base. The formula is excellent, not thick or runny and easy to apply. I used two coats and NYC Grand Central Station as top coat. I brushed on my 1st coat and in order to get the glitters exactly where I wanted them I gently dabbed the 2nd coat and arranged them in place. You just need a little bit, there's no need to fish for glitters and it will self level.


beach-nail-art-manicure

For the beach accent nails I used this great video tutorial by Janelle of elleandish. It's very simple, you start by creating a gradient. I used Essie Cocktails and Coconuts for the sand, then Essie I'm Addicted and Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Please Sea Me for the water. Once your gradient looks how you want, top coat it. Wait for it to dry. Then you take some white polish that spreads well in water (I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On) and put a few drops as if you where going to water marble. (Don't know what I'm talking about? The video explains all the steps!) Once the water spreads you take an alcohol based spray (I used some body mist) and it will break up the polish as if it had spots. Dip your fingers in the area you like best, remove and clean up. Add more cream/nude polish to any "beach" areas that got covered by the white. I added some China Glaze Fairy Dust to make it all sparkly, the way the sun does when it reflects of the waves and sand. top coat and you're done! It seems complicated but all you're doing is combining to techniques, a gradient and a water spotting on top.


beach-ocean-summer-nail-art-short-natural-nails
Beach Nail Art on short nails

Here's a close up. What do you think? I like that this nail art mani still  looks great on short nails like mine.
2 comments on "Beach Manicure with Reverie Nail Lacquer Seascape"

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature