Top Social

Easy Fandom Nail Art - Hufflepuff Pride! - Moonflower Polish and MoYou London

Thursday, August 3, 2017
Hufflepuff-Pride-Nail-Art-Moonflower-Polish-Clear-Stamper-MoYou-London

Today's post is about one of my favorite fandoms, Harry Potter, using products from Moonflower Polish, MoYou London, and Lantern & Wren! I've been re-reading the books this past few months and when the fandom theme came up in the All About That Stamp group on Facebook, I decided that Hufflepuff nails was the way to go. When I 1st read the series, I thought for sure I would be a Ravenclaw, since I was all about creativity and intelligence. But now in my 30s, I realize my most defining traits are probably kindness and gentleness, so Hufflepuff it is. I also sorta feel it's a house no one wants to belong to, like they are the lame kids, the shy kids, just sitting alone all socially awkward...that's me too.

Hufflepuff-Pride-Nail-Art-Moonflower-Polish-Amarillo

So after thinking about it for days, I decided the easiest thing to do would be to a plaid scarf pattern in the house colors of black and yellow, with a bit of gray. I started with a base of Moonflower Polish Amarillo, pictured above in 2 coats with top coat. Now, it is a stamping polish so it's thicker than regular polish and it *will* stain your nails, so if you do use it as regular polish, proceed with caution.

Hufflepuff-Pride-Nail-Art-Moonflower-Polish-Gris
Hufflepuff-Pride-Nail-Art-Moonflower-Polish-Noche
Hufflepuff-Pride-Nail-Art-Moonflower-Polish-MoYou-London-Hipster 06-macro

For the stamping, I used MoYou London's Hipster 06 plate, with Moonflower Polish Gris and Noche, and the Big Blue Stamper from Lantern & Wren. To be honest, I'm not in love with the final look. I should have stopped with the gray and then black but I thought they where missing something and went back with the black a 3rd time, for a triple stamped look. I think it ended up looking messy afterwards but there was no going back. I need to remember my own mantra of "keep it simple" and "less is more".

Moonflower Polish is my own brand of 5 free, vegan, cruelty free, handcrafted stamping polish. You can purchase them at www.moonflowerpolish.com. Gris and Noche, as well as the stamper I used and a selection of MoYou London products are available at www.lanternandwren.com. Find Moonflower Polish on IG @moonflowerpolish (and don't forget to use #moonflowerpolish so I can repost your pics). On FB: @moonflowerpolish and the fan group Painted Moonflowers.

All the products featured where either made by me or purchased by me and I have not been compensated in any way for this post.
6 comments on "Easy Fandom Nail Art - Hufflepuff Pride! - Moonflower Polish and MoYou London"
  1. I think it turned out awesome! I love the plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo girl yes!! This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layered look! Everyone wants to be in Griffendor but I'm 99% sure I'm a Hufflepuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always sort into Hufflepuff, too. We can be uncool together! These are cure plaid nails - they would also be great for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hufflepuff for life! Definitely fits my personality all-around. These are gorgeous, Nadia! I love plaid something fierce.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature