Top Social

Moonflower Polish - Rainbow Cremes - Day & Night Duo - Swatches

Friday, March 24, 2017
Moonflower Polish Rainbow Cremes and Day & Night Duo Swatches

So my life got a little crazy the past 2-3 weeks and I am way behind on blogging. It's been over a month since my last post. I have like 5 post drafts just waiting to be finished, so I do have content I just haven't had the time! Anyway, here are my swatches of the Moonflower Polish Rainbow Cremes and Day & Night Duo as promised.

Disclaimer: Since I made these, I obviously think they are great and can't provide an objective review. That's why I suggest you check out the ladies who reviewed these for me in their blogs, for actual opinions. They are Lacquer Expression, Sloppy Swatches, Copycat Claws, and The Dot Couture.


Rainbow Cremes

These are inspired by the colors of the rainbow plus a few extra colors. My intention with them is to create a sorta basic artist palette of colors one can use to cover basic stamping and nail art needs. They are also designed to be easily blended with each color, so you can create gradients or your even your own custom colors. I created them to be opaque over dark and light colors, they are also thicker and more pigmented than regular nail polish. I don't recommend wearing them as 1 coat cremes, even though you can, cause they might stain your nails or skin. I will be the 1st to admit that they are also a bit hard to apply and achieve a smooth, even coverage as regular polish. You have been warned! Last thing, these are all 5 free, handmade by me. So they work like most indies do, and not like a mainstream polish or one made with questionable ingredients. Meaning, you do have to work fast (not super crazy fast but if you live in a dry climate or have an a/c vent pointing at your work area, you might have issues, add a bit of thinner if that's the case), and they dry to a matte or demi-matte finish so a good quality top coat is recommended. Ok I lied, this is the last thing...if you are going to use these over a gel polish, make sure the gel top coat is not a no-wipe coat or apply a thin layer of a regular quick dry top coat first! If you apply these over a gel polish and then top coat with a 3 or 5 free top coat (cause say...you wanna change the stamping later), they colors will bleed and the design will be ruined. All of the swatches are done over gel polish and topped with Out the Door, the stamping is sandwiched between two layers of OTD. I hope that made sense. For even better results, my bloggers recommend a 2-free top coat like Seche Vite or HK Girl or KBShimmer's Clearly on Top.

Rojo

moonflower-polish-rojo-swatch
moonflower-polish-rojo-macro

For the swatches of Rojo I used the Messy Mansion Carbon stamper, which is an XL/Jumbo sized soft, squishy, sticky stamper. The stamping plate is from Dashica Beauty Infinity Nails 106.

Rosa

moonflower-polish-rosa-swatch
moonflower-polish-rosa-macro

For Rosa swatches, I used Bundle Monster plate BMS115, with their semi squishy silicone stamper.

Anaranjado

moonflower-polish-anaranjado-swatch
moonflower-polish-anaranjado-macro

For Anaranjado I used Bundle Monster plate S112 and their XL Red silicone stamper, which is a medium firm, semi squishy, not that sticky stamper. As you can see from the macro over white, this one will stain! Bloggers also reported stained stampers and silicone mats.

Amarillo

moonflower-polish-amarillo-swatch
moonflower-polish-amarillo-macro

For Amarillo I used the Messy Mansion Carbon stamper in black and Pet'la Plate Golden Russian. This is another of the colors that also has a high chance of staining nails, skin, and stampers!

Verde

moonflower-polish-verde-swatch
moonflower-polish-verde-macro

Verde swatches are done using Bundle Monster plate BM-S114 and the UberChic Beauty Tiffany Blue medium-firm non sticky stamper.

Turquesa

moonflower-polish-turquesa-swatch
moonflower-polish-turquesa-macro

Turquesa was swatches using MoYou London Suki 04 plate and the Messy Mansion soft and sticky stamper (pink/red set). *Note: I swatched these in February, I made a set for myself when I made the batch I sent out to bloggers. In the process of figuring out how to make larger batches, I've actually improved the formula on Turquesa and Azul. They have been reformulated, below is a quick cell phone shot I took today of the latest batch.*


Azul

moonflower-polish-azul-swatch
moonflower-polish-azul-macro

For Azul's swatches I used MoYou London Hipster 06 and the Messy Mansion firm stamper (the purple set, it's a super hard and firm stamper, with just a hint of stickiness to it, much easier to use than the old style rubber Konad stampers, yet just as firm.) 

Quick cell phone shot of the latest batch of Azul.


Violeta

moonflower-polish-violeta-swatch
moonflower-polish-violeta-macro

For Violeta's swatches I used Bundle Monster plate BM-XL108 from the Polynesia collection, and the Creative Shop Space stamper.

Marrón

moonflower-polish-marron-swatch
moonflower-polish-marron-macro

For Marrón I used MoYou London Fashionista 08 and the Bundle Monster semi-squishy silicone stamper.

Gris

moonflower-polish-gris-swatch


For Gris I used Bundle Monster plate BM-XL210, aka Sloteazzy's water marble plate from the blogger collection, with their XL silicone stamper. In hindsight, this was not the best plate to show off this color but by this point, I had been swatching for a few days and I was too tired to care. Honesty. I started to feel bad for my bloggers by this point, knowing I was demanding the same of them. 12 polishes to swatch...all needing nail art is no joke.

Day & Night Duo

Basic white and black polishes, you can wear as regular nail polish but once again, they are highly pigmented and thick. They might stain your skin or be hard to apply.

Día

moonflower-polish-dia-swatch
moonflower-polish-dia-macro

For Día's swatches I used MoYou London Pro 04 and the Messy Mansion medium-firm stamper.

Noche

moonflower-polish-noche-swatch

For Noche, I cheated and it's the same as above. I really wanted to create a chic houndstooth patterned mani but MYLondon Pro 04 is the only plate I have with that pattern on it and it sucks. I rarely ever get a nice clean pick up on most of the images on that plate. Stamper is the white BM semi-squishy one.

New bottles of Noche and other dark colors will now come with white ink labels like so:

moonflower-polish-noche-swatch-2
moonflower-polish-noche-macro-2

Ok so now for all the other stuff. All the colors are available now at http://www.moonflowerpolish.com and shall remain in stock as long as I can continue making them! Prices are $8 for the 15ml full sized polishes, $5 for the 7ml minis. You can follow me on social media to stay up to date with the latest info regarding restocks and new releases! Find Moonflower Polish on IG @moonflowerpolish and don't forget to use the #moonflowerpolish so I can repost your pics. I'm also on FB: @moonflowerpolish and on the brand new fan group Painted Moonflowers.

10 comments on "Moonflower Polish - Rainbow Cremes - Day & Night Duo - Swatches"
  1. These are beyond amazing Nadia! So happy for you, I wish you much success!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out SO amazing. I can't wait to get my paws on a couple.

    Fun fact: anaranjado was my second favorite word in spanish. Followed only by zanahoria. It tickled me so to use them both together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get my hands on these! You did such a great job on this Collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job with these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so incredible, I cant wait to try some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, I am so impressed! Great job with these formulas. They stamp so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't be more in love with these!! Congratulations on your amazing line!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These stamp so well! WOW! I knew to expect great things from Moonflower, but she has really exceeded my expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute nail art! Thank you for sharing!
    hotmail login account

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature