Top Social

Supermoon Lacquer Swatches and Review

Friday, December 16, 2016
supermoon-lacquer-review

Hey guys! I realize it's been pretty much a month since my last post and I doubt anyone is still reading. Today I have swatches of two polishes I bought from Supermoon Lacquer. I've gotten to know Mardi, the creator behind the brand over the past few months and her Black Friday sale was the perfect opportunity to try her polishes out. But first, let me tell you a tale about my nails. You'll notice I have two different shapes in the collage above. I've had every intention of posting once a week and then I find myself without any time to paint my nails, much less blog about it. It's been crazy busy for me since Thanksgiving. I swatched the polish on the left pretty much the day after it arrived, about a week after BF. My nails where coffins and growing nicely. And then one broke. No biggie, patched it up. Then the patch ripped off, taking a whole chunk of nail with it. 😭 I think another nail went and broke after that one...I dunno anymore, I just went ahead and filed them all down. So I swatched the polish on the right last night, still wearing it..my nails are squovals again and I give up. I think, with my current lifestyle (aka busy mom working from making polish), the only way I'll be able to keep the coffins is with an hard gel or acrylic overlay. And I've seriously thought about going to a salon and getting a professional one but I'm afraid they'll mess up my nails. I had been doing the hard gel myself but it is too time consuming until I get a better LED lamp. And I'm lazy and keep forgetting to order one plus I spend all my money nowadays on polish making supplies and leggings. I had been so happy in my last post that I had my coffins back and now this...so sad. Anyway, they'll grow back. On to the polish.

TL;DR: Too busy making polish, nails keep breaking, had to go back to squovals, sad face.

Fight Your Demons

supermoon-lacquer-fight-your-demons-swatch-1
supermoon-lacquer-fight-your-demons-swatch-2
supermoon-lacquer-fight-your-demons-macro-nail-art
supermoon-lacquer-fight-your-demons-macro

Fight Your Demons is a reddish brown multichrome with copper, gold-to-green, and red/orange/gold color shifting shimmer. Swatch is 2 coats with Out the Door top coat. Accent nails are M Polish Bells with MoYou London Festive 06. Formula is excellent, although a bit on the thicker side, which I never consider an issue since I can thin to my preference if I wanted. It covers in 1-2 coats and you want to use top coat to really bring out the shimmers. This polish is gorgeous and highly pigmented. I did have some issues removing the polish from my cuticles but that's mainly do to them being super dry. I mean...you can see the flaky bits in the pics if you look closely. I can PS them out but I didn't have the time or energy to do so, just cropped/rotated and watermarked this time.

Knight's Strength

supermoon-lacquer-knights-strength-swatch
supermoon-lacquer-knights-strength-swatch-2
supermoon-lacquer-knights-strength-bottle
supermoon-lacquer-knights-strength-porch-shade
Outdoor Shade
hmmm...there's hairs in this shot. Grr. 😒

Knight's Strength is a blue based purple multichrome that shifts in color from bright purple to dark blue to bright green. Swatch is 2 coats with Out the Door top coat. I took a few pics from different angles and outdoors in the shade to try and show the shift. I failed. I would say it flashes from a cyan/teal to blue to purple. It's quite obvious in real life! Formula was also very nice. Opaque in 1-2 coats, I love how shimmery it is without being frosty or streaky! For the nail art, I used one of my Moonflower Polish prototypes, a gray with a hint of shimmer and Bundle Monster 208.

Overall, I really enjoyed the formula in these, shipping was relatively fast...I think I ordered Black Friday and she shipped them on Monday which is totally within a reasonable time frame. After that they got stuck in the USPS black hole that is Dallas for a few days but I had them by the next week so not to bad at all. Mardi has a lot of great polishes with shimmers and multichrome finishes and since these are my absolute two favorite types, I will definitely be purchasing again! You can find her stuff here: The Howling Boutique's Supermoon Lacquer.


6 comments on "Supermoon Lacquer Swatches and Review"
  1. I love your stamping over Fight Your Demons! Aren't these so good?! She's killing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fight Your Demons has a beautiful shift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both polishes are gorgeous, and I love your art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These both look gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry that your nail broke and then the patch took off a chunk with it! I hate when that happens! Either way your swatches are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still reading! That first combination is just breath taking but I love both looks!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature