Top Social

Orly PCH - Swatches and Review

Thursday, June 2, 2016

You guys...I've had these swatches for like a month now. Ugh. How can I have so much stuff going on when I really don't ave anything mayor going on at the same time? Just basic, boring, adulting and parenting taking up all my time. I enrolled my youngest in pre-school for fall today...I guess that's a milestone of sorts. I'm trying not to think about it. Anyway, nail polish and stuff. Orly has another neon collection for summer. Yeah I know, they do almost every year but still, they are pretty. Check below for the swatches, review, and swatch video (now with voice over, oooooh!).



Paradise Cove

orly-paradise-cove-swatch-2

orly-paradise-cove-swatch-1

orly-paradise-cove-macro

Paradise Cove is a magenta shimmer neon. Swatch is 2 coats with top coat. Formula is easy to use and apply. Dries to a demi-matte finish. It does retain brushstrokes a bit but I don't think they are too bad with a careful application.

Scenic Route

orly-scenic-route-swatch-2

orly-scenic-route-swatch-1

orly-scenic-route-swatch-macro

Scenic Route is a light purple neon. Swatch is 2 coats with top coat. I really liked the formula for this one. These type of lighter/pastel neons can sometimes have really chalky/streaky formulas but not this one. Application was easy and smooth. It dries shiny but 1 coat of top coat makes it really smooth and perfect.

Put the Top Down

orly-put-the-top-down-swatch-2

orly-put-the-top-down-swatch-1

orly-put-the-top-down-macro

Put the Top Down is a really bright neon pink with hints of coral. Swatch is 2 coats with top coat. Formula is really nice for this one too, really smooth and easy to work with. Pictures are not 100% accurate. This colors is really-in-your-face-bright neon corally-pink. It's so neon it freaks out my video camera in the swatch video below. So don't be fooled by that soft pink shade above. It's got traditional neon pigments and dries matte.

Life's A Beach

orly-lifes-a-beach-swatch-2

orly-lifes-a-beach-swatch

orly-lifes-a-beach-macro

Life's a Beach is another one that isn't 100% color accurate. This polish is a bright red-orange neon. Swatch is 2 coats with top coat. It just looks like a bright orange in the swatch photo, it's actually more red than orange. Don't be fooled by this one either. It isn't. It's also in your face neon. It dries matte like a true neon but it has a really wonderful formula, not streaky or patchy.

Road Trippin'

orly-road-trippin-swatch-2

orly-road-trippin-swatch-1

orly-road-trippin-macro

Road Trippin' is a bright yellow neon. Swatch is 3 coats with top coat. This isn't like a highlighter yellow neon like Glowstick or Key Lime Twist (which is more greenish) from previous collections. It's really just a bright yellow with the worst formula ever. Super patchy, doesn't self level, really streaky. Not a fan. It did get a little better with top coat. This one dries matte as well. 

Summer Sunset

orly-summer-sunset-swatch-2

orly-summer-sunset-swatch

orly-summer-sunset-macro

Summer Sunset is an yellow-orange shimmer jelly. Swatch is 3 coats with top coat. This one has a nice smooth formula as well, although it wasn't opaque in 2 coats. It dries to a demi-matte finish, I added top coat to really bring out that squishy jelly feel.

Video Swatches and Review

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/_Pa40FPUm8s. 



So, thoughts? Have you picked these up yet? I figure some of you already have since these have been out for a couple of months now online. If you watched the video, I appreciate knowing what you thought about it? It's my 1st time doing a voice over and I know it's not perfect, I was really nervous but it's the best I can do for now in terms of recording equipment for the audio.

7 comments on "Orly PCH - Swatches and Review"
  1. These are so petty. Put the top down is my fav of the bunch. Also being an adult sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this collection, and your swatches are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your swatches are amazing and the polishes are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I'm in love with Paradise Cove!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the subtle shimmer in some of these!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature