Top Social

Pahlish Fan Group Customs Swatches and Review

Saturday, October 1, 2016
Pahlish-Lovers-Fan-Group-Customs

Hi guys! I'm actually sick right now so I'm pulling out some swatches from my vault to show you guys. Today I'll be sharing some Pahlish fan group customs with you guys. These were made exclusively for the Pahlish Lovers FB fan group and are no longer available. Overall, both of these polishes had a great formula but they were...dare I say it...to holo for me. Yes, I said it. I am not a fan of "in your face" holo polishes. I felt the holo flare in these was so strong, that it grayed out the colors way too much. I was not a fan so I let these go in my destash a few months ago. Anyway, I'm just going to share the swatches I took below, enjoy!

Just Like the Setting Sun

pahlish-just-like-the-setting-sun-swatch
pahlish-just-like-the-setting-sun-swatch-2
pahlish-just-like-the-setting-sun-macro

Just Like the Setting Sun is a dark rose linear holographic with a mix of pink, violet, and purple shimmers. Swatch is 2 coats.

Bouquet of Ebon Roses

pahlish-lovers-custom-bouquet-of-ebon-roses-swatch
pahlish-lovers-custom-bouquet-of-ebon-roses-swatch-2
pahlish-lovers-custom-bouquet-of-ebon-roses-macro

Bouquet of Ebon Roses is a Iced violet grey linear holographic with a heavy dose of purple and rose glass flecks. Swatch is 2 coats with top coat.

My main issue with both of these, like I said above, is that the holo seems to drown out everything else in them. I couldn't see the shimmers or glass flecks in them, all I saw was holo. To me, it felt like there wasn't a good balance between the holo/base color/shimmer/flecks/etc. They are pretty, they just weren't my cup of tea.

Anyway, if you like holo I hope you enjoyed this post!
9 comments on "Pahlish Fan Group Customs Swatches and Review"
  1. Boo to being sick but OMG WOW to that pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am not a fan of "in your face" holo polishes." This does not compute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous - I never pass up a chance to buy a Pahlish. Even if you are not a big fan of ultra-holos, luckily the brand has others where the flakes and other effects come to the forefront.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holo gets me every time. Every single time. Just ahhhh rainbows!!!! I think these are beautiful. But I do see how you'd wish the glass fleck stood out. That would have been even more awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your swatches are perfect. Loved them both..and hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your swatches are perfect. Loved them both..and hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super gorgeous, I hope you are feeling better own and staying safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are very pretty! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature