Top Social

Essie Bell Bottom Blues Swatch and Review

Wednesday, July 22, 2015
essie-bell-bottom-blues-swatch

Hi guys! I have one of the colors of the upcoming Essie Fall 2015 collection to show you guys. I picked this up at a local nail supply shop but I can't find any info online yet about the actual collection name or release date. All I could find are promotional bottle shots and polish names but no actual press releases. In any case, read on for more swatches and my review!


I'm a sucker for a good blue and this is no exception. Now, I know a lot of polish aficionados are not Essie fans due to their hit or miss formulas but I gotta tell you upfront, this is a total hit! It's called Bell Bottom Blues and in person, it's a dark blue/blue-green with a purple duochrome shimmer. Unfortunately, shimmer did not translate well unto the nail...however...it's still worth it

essie-bell-bottom-blues-shade

Here's what it looks like in the shade. You can see the purple duochrome shimmer in the bottle but nothing on the nails. This shot is also the most color accurate. Swatches are 1 coat, just one coat, without any topcoat. Let me repeat that, 1 coat!

essie-bell-bottom-blues-macro

This beautiful blue completely covers and self levels in just one easy coat. Since it's just 1 coat, it also dries really fast, about 5 minutes. It does stain, as some blue/teals pigments tend to do. Not a lot, it wasn't a mayor problem during clean up but I did have blue nails after I removed it. 

Overall I'm thrilled with this color and glad I got it, despite the fact that I have so many blues. Since it's so richly pigmented and opaque, I'm guessing it stamps well and I have a mani idea to test it out. Like I said above, I purchased this at a local nail supply place. If I see more of the fall colors I'll do my best to buy them and swatch them for you guys.

Follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest!

16 comments on "Essie Bell Bottom Blues Swatch and Review"
  1. I wish the shimmer showed up better! It is a great blue though, either way, and a one coater is amazing! Did you use base coat when you swatched? I'm just wondering if that would help with the staining issue because it's a great color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the shimmer, it would make a great color even better. And yup, I used a base coat. I actually wore this as a regular manicure for 3 days, which is the longest I can stand to go without changing my polish. The staining wasn't too bad, it came off easily with whitening toothpaste and a scrub.

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous color! I've started liking Essie a lot more. They are a little hit or miss but I've found that the misses are usually made up for in the color pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that duochrome in the bottle! If only it showed up on the nail. It's still a gorgeous classic polish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful color! Here's hoping the rest of the collection is just as pretty this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is gorgeous!! I'd never seen it before

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is gorgeous!! I'd never seen it before

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that shimmer shift in the bottle. It's so hard for me to get excited about Essies, but this one is gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is gorgeous! These types of dark shimmery blues really appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! And no such thing as too many blues so no worries! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish that the shimmer would have showed up more on the name but regardless I'm going to be adding this to my collection !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh this looks beautiful on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a gorgeous blue for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice swatches but Oh Essie, I just can't justify buying your polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful polish but much darker than the bottle shots would lead you to believe. A one coat wonder!! Navy with a pretty royal flash.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature