Top Social

Soft Pink Gradient Flower Nail Art

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

soft-pink-gradient-nail-art-born-pretty-store-water-decal-fair-maiden-polish-careless-whisper

Hi guys! Today I have a nail art look I created with hibiscus flower water decals (item 17643 decal XF1066) that I received from Born Pretty Store for review. I created a soft pink gradient with I Louvre You from FingerPaints nail polish and Careless Whisper from Fair Maiden Polish, and used the decals as accents. Born Pretty Store offers a large variety of nail art items at great prices and worldwide shipping. This is the second item I'm reviewing out of the four I received.

 Let's get started with a small tutorial on how to use the decals.


The decals come in this little package. Paint your nails however you want wait for it to dry. You can topcoat if you want to protect a background design.


Take the decals out of the package and cut around the specific one you want to use.


Remove the plastic sheet that covers the decal and soak it in water for about 30 seconds.


Remove the decal from the water. The decal will easily slide off the paper backing. I use my fingers cause it's easier for me to hold but you can also use tweezers. Make sure your nail polish is dry, moisten it with a little bit of water and place the decal where you desire.


While the surface of your nail is a little moist, it's easy to arrange the decal wherever you want. If you mess it up, just wet your nails a bit again, remove the decal carefully and rearrange. Once you're satisfied, gently blot your nails with a paper towel to dry them and add topcoat.

pink-gradient-flower-water-decal-fingerpaints-louvre-you

Here's another look at the finished design. I want to give a shout-out to my friend Karen from Pish Posh Polish for suggesting a soft gradient when I was stumped for ideas. The background is just a simple gradient with I Louvre You from FingerPaints, a bright pink and Careless Whisper from Fair Maiden Polish, a soft baby pink. They both have a similar shimmery glass fleck finish.



Here's a closer look at the two decals I used. Overall I found the decals to be sturdy and really easy to use. I had to re-position the decal on my middle finger several times, and if it started to dry all I had to do was re-wet it and I could slide it around again. Once I topcoated, the decals staid in place and lasted until I removed my manicure.


If you'd like to order these or other items please use my code PZL91 for 10% off your order! (Code isn't valid on sale items.) I was sent this item for review, but you can get your own here.

I purchased I Louvre You at Sally's and Careless Whisper was part of the Valentine Day's trio from Fair Maiden Polish.

Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest
24 comments on "Soft Pink Gradient Flower Nail Art"
  1. That is a stunning combination Nadia!! Yay for Karen too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love water decals, I just used some tonight from bps. Lovely mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the base that you used for the decals. You made them really mesh well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful, feminine mani! It took me a few tries to get the hang of water decals. I kept messing it up or forgetting to take the plastic off. Such a dunce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful, feminine mani! It took me a few tries to get the hang of water decals. I kept messing it up or forgetting to take the plastic off. Such a dunce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This I'd so pretty! I think your gradient compliments the decal perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect picks for base colors under this decal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea from Karen and a lovely mani - I am a total decal addict and BPS are my favourites, they are just so easy to work with and I love the variety. I want some flowers on my fingers now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful, the gradient is a perfect background for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable. Loved the delicate look with lovely color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this in PAA and loved it! I'm glad I could help you when you were stumped. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those decals are ridiculously pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Decals hate me, but these look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! Reminds me of a little sundress I had when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The decals look perfect with that gardient. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty mani!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty mani!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a beautiful combination, Nadia, and really shows off the decals well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty combo! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really love this cute manicure

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty! I love love love using their water decals for accent nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous4/21/2015

    I just adore this look!! That Fair Maiden is simply gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful gradient to pair with these. Love. :)

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature